No unpacking whilst setting is turned on

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jojobuitenzorg

No unpacking whilst setting is turned on

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Hey everyone!
I have recently been having a issue with SABnzbd with it not unpacking anything I download even though I have the setting on for direct unpacking.
I tried to reinstall SABnzbd multiple times, install updates turn the setting off and on multiple times but I can't seem to get it to work.
Anyone have any tips on how to fix this issue? Because it is really annoying but couldn't find anything in the forums but I could be very blind.

I am using at this point version 3.3.1 but this has been a issue for since the last two updates if I recall correctly.

Thanks in advance!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: No unpacking whilst setting is turned on

Post by sander »

"no unpacking" ... so what is the result you see in the resulting directory? What kind of files are there?
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Well even with the direct unpack setting on in the sabnzbd config setting under the switches I still end up with my completed downloads being rar files which I personally need to unpack anyways
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Is the Processing level under Categories at least Unpack? Does SABnzbd find your unrar program? Look for a line that contains "UNRAR binary... found" in the log and check that the program that was detected can unpack your rar files.
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Puzzled wrote: June 30th, 2021, 12:58 pm Is the Processing level under Categories at least Unpack? Does SABnzbd find your unrar program? Look for a line that contains "UNRAR binary... found" in the log and check that the program that was detected can unpack your rar files.
Hey I just checked my log and it says UNRAR binary... found (C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\win\unrar\x64\UnRAR.exe) and I checked the location seeing just the license.txt and UnRAR.exe. next to that I also checked about the processing level stuff I never played with that before it was on delete but changed it to "+unpack" but after a restart it didn't change anything sadly enough.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, then more things you can do:

First: In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 100MB.

Afterwards, check what you have: one big 100MB file, or separate rar files.
If one big file: good, you're done.
If separate rar files: in History, at test_download_100MB, on the right, click on the drop down arrow ... what does the dropdown menu show? Here's mine:

Code: Select all

Nametest_download_100MB
Completeda day ago
StatusCompleted
Size105.5 MB
CategoryDefault
Path/media/zeegat/test_download_100MB.17/test_download_100MB.bin
Sourcehttps://sabnzbd.org/tests/test_download_100MB.nzb
DownloadDownloaded in 1 sec at an average of 55.7 MB/s
Serversnewsreader.eweka.nl=105.5 MB
Repair[sometestfile-100MB] Quick Check OK
Unpack[sometestfile-100MB] Direct Unpack - Unpacked 1 files/folders in 2 seconds
The important thing is the "Unpack" line. Post your whole dropdown menu here (just I did)
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

sander wrote: July 1st, 2021, 1:40 am OK, then more things you can do:

First: In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 100MB.

The important thing is the "Unpack" line. Post your whole dropdown menu here (just I did)
So tried the test download of 100MB but no luck there still all rar folders

name test_download_100MB
Completed 34 minutes ago
Status Completed
Size 105.5 MB
Category Default
Path C:\Users\henke\Downloads\GrabIt Downloads\test_download_100MB
Source https://sabnzbd.org/tests/test_download_100MB.nzb
Download Downloaded in 3 seconds at an average of 30.3 MB/s
Serversnews.sunnyusenet.com=105.5 MB
Repair [sometestfile-100MB] Quick Check OK
Unpack [sometestfile-100MB] Unpacked 0 files/folders in 0 seconds 
So it seems to not even wanna try and unpack weirdly enough
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Oke, then enable Debug logging in the Status window and then download the file again. Click Show Logging in the Status window after that and share the log with us, for example through pastebin.
If you share the whole file it will be easier to diagnose, as it also includes a (anonymous) version of your setting.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Hey hey thanks for the help and sorry for the late response had some issues going on. I am not the most technical of people so first tried to understand it myself. It seems the unpacking software can't reach the location from what I can understand only no clue how to fix this.

https://pastebin.com/nTDMXic8

here is the pastebin and thanks again for the help
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

There seem to be multiple problems:
Your Default category (the first row in Config > Categories) is set to only +Unpack en nog +Delete, so the rar files are not deleted after the download is done.
But, it also says:

Cannot open \\?\C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Downloads\incomplete\test_download_100MB\sometestfile-100MB.part1.rar
Kan het netwerkpad niet vinden.
And:

<[WinError 5] Toegang geweigerd: '\\\\?\\C:\\Users\\<USERNAME>\\Downloads\\incomplete\\test_download_100MB\\sometestfile-100MB.part1.rar'
Could you maybe choose a different folder for your Incomplete and Complete folder in Config > Folders?
Also: maybe you have a virusscanner active (other dan Microsoft Defender) or maybe something like Malware bytes?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Hey just tried the suggestions. Turned my anti virus off, changed the location folder and tried to add the delete stuff which I think I did properly. A pic to mkae sure I did it correct. If not let me know Image
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Seems it didn't send properly so here is the link to see it https://ibb.co/h7J5ysw
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No, on the top row you need to set +Delete. It's set to +Unpack only now.
jojobuitenzorg

Post by jojobuitenzorg »

Even with this change it hasn't started to unpack yet. Tried it after just a settings change and a full restart but no luck with it
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Very strange.. In the logs it says (because it's anonymous)
C:\Users\<USERNAME>
What is the actual username that is there? Does it have special characters?