Failed download on some servers

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
qrkbjorn

Failed download on some servers

Post by qrkbjorn »

I have setup SABnzbd with 4 different news providers to get best possible completion.
However, I have noticed that some downloads from some servers download without visible problems, but when I try to access the file it is corrupted.
If I then try to re-download it from another server, I get a correct file.
So far it has only happened with older cross-posted files i.e. where each part is posted to a different newsgroup and with totally unrelated subjects so there's no way to know what file you're downloading without an nzb.
Unfortunately, there's no way to know which server will give me the correct file, it shifts with the downloads so it's a bit of trial-and-error with different news servers.

The way I do this is to go into setup and change priorities of the servers to force the download from the provider I want .
Or in worst case resort to Grabit for that file since it's easy to specify which server I want (even though I hate Grabit...).
The ideal would of course be to be able to change the server priority per download, but I haven't found any such functionality.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Is there a way to specify which server to use for a specific download?