Adding extra on screen fields to Glitter layout

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tk007b

Adding extra on screen fields to Glitter layout

Post by tk007b »

Hi folks,

I've recently changed to the Glitter layout and whilst I preferred the Plush- Gold layout, I am 'almost' happy with it, the only thing I want to change is to be able to permanently add the Category & Priority fields to the downloading status.

I know that I can see them, and make changes, by pressing the drop down arrow next to the bin icon (on the far right) but I just want them to be permanently visible. This is so I can check multiple NZB files at a glance, rather than having to click into each one.

Other than that, it's a lot cleaner and brighter :-)

Here's hoping and thanks for your time :-)

Cheers

TK :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Adding extra on screen fields to Glitter layout

Post by safihre »

It is indeed not possible right away.
You could open the Multi-edit window (starting with 3.4.0 this window will stay open once you open it), to be able to quickly check and apply settings to multiple jobs.
But that's indeed not really the same.. This feature is removed compared to Plush to keep the interface cleaner, especially for non-power users.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

What does the "downloading status" refer to? I assume it's something else than the queue because you can add those fields to it through the wrench / Web Interface.
tk007b

Post by tk007b »

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestion.

Unfortunately, I use them (or would like to) a lot, so I will create an entry in the Feature Request section and hope that they will be added in a future release. I, like many others, use a large monitor, so displaying this info would not cause the layout to look too cluttered.

Thanks again, for your time

:-)
tk007b

Post by tk007b »

After a bit of tinkering on 3.3.1 (by manually changing the Category and Priority, just once, using Multi Edit), it will now display multiple, per line, entries like this "Filename (of downloading file), Category, Priority, %CompleteBar. All I need is a drop down next to the Category and Priority fields and I'm there.

However, this is much better and I can work with this, as I have a overall view at a glance :-)

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks again