Still cannot connect to Sab UI

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
opentoe

Still cannot connect to Sab UI

Post by opentoe »

I'm still driving myself crazy here. I must have went over the settings over and over to find out why I cannot load the Sab UI. I can easily ping the computer, access shares from the computer and do everything that I'm supposed to be able to.
http://blackred:8989 this is Sonarr and works great.
http://blackred:8080 this is the SABui and just times out.
Even when I am on Sonarr and "test" Sabnzbd as my download client it passes the test fine.
This is what my Windows diagnostics says:

Issues found
resource (192.168.1.122) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.resource (192.168.1.122) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 8080, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer. Detected Detected
Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 resource (192.168.1.122) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. Detected Detected

The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 8080, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.
Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later Completed

Detection details Expand

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
File Name: F7687950-4471-45EA-9B00-FDE84927C8D8.Diagnose.0.etl

InformationalOther Networking Configuration and Logs
File Name: NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information
Computer Name: LIVINGROOM
Windows Version: 10.0
Architecture: x64
Time: Saturday, July 17, 2021 1:58:00 AM

Publisher details Expand

Windows Network Diagnostics
Detects problems with network connectivity.
Package Version: 4.0
Publisher: Microsoft Windows
I have tried using different computers also. There has to be something I'm missing. Something really stupid I bet. I also turned off my firewall, still no go. Come on, someone must know something keeping those secrets from me again! :)

I know, it's a big PUNK on me, right? You guys are punking me, I know it!!!!
Well, if ANYONE, even that little mouse that grabs that piece of cheese everyday let it out! Thanks.
Puzzled

Re: Still cannot connect to Sab UI

Post by Puzzled »

- Did you set the SABnzbd Host to empty or 0.0.0.0?
- Try using another port.
- Use the IP (192.168.1.122?) instead of blackred to rule out that part
- A log at DEBUG level, starting at the moment SABnzbd starts and including your access attempt, might be helpful.
opentoe

**RESOLVED** Re: Still cannot connect to Sab UI

Post by opentoe »

UPDATE - GOOD NEWS!

UPDATE: I'm almost embarrassed to post this but I believe I have JUST found the problem. IDIOT me wanted to try Windows 11, so instead of using my beautiful built-in VM capability on my unraid server I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox like a dummy. Need I say more? My power computer that runs all my programs and services has a DHCP reservation, so it will always pick up the same IP address on my network. After you stab me in the eye with a pencil Virtual Box was changing that IP address with some sort of process that was running in memory, so it was picking up a completely different IP. I just tried Hydra, clicked on the sabnzbd icon and all my nice categories showed up like normal. Ok, you can now stick me in my other eye with a blow poke from a fireplace. Sometimes I can miss such the small things and it drives me nuts. As I shake my head back and forth I'm still trying to find a reason why in the world I would ever even use VirtualBox when unraid has all the VM capabilities built right in.
Well, I want to thank all of you who tried to help me and were going to help me. I really do appreciate all the work that's put into this program and how good it runs, even in a docker. Ok, you can now shoot me. If I wasn't so tired I believe I would be beating myself up.