[unraid docker] Corrupt RAR file, even with the 100mb and 1GB test files from the 'Status and interface'

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sabdino

[unraid docker] Corrupt RAR file, even with the 100mb and 1GB test files from the 'Status and interface'

Post by sabdino »

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me with a corrupt RAR issue i am currently having?

I have successfully used sabnzbd a couple of months ago. I have since moved house and been without internet for a few weeks. Today, with fully functioning internet ;D , i have returned to sabnzbd to find all downloads return with "corrupt RAR file" error. I have even tried the 100mb and 1GB test files from the 'Status and interface' window and found they do exactly the same. I have also tried the download using two different servers too.

To check the nzb files, i have successfully downloaded them using NewsLazer, so the issue is local to sabnzbd.

I am running sabnzbd v3.3.1 in a docker container on Unraid,

Thanks in advance
Puzzled

Re: [unraid docker] Corrupt RAR file, even with the 100mb and 1GB test files from the 'Status and interface'

Post by Puzzled »

Please click wrench, enable debug logging, do the 100MB download again, click wrench, show logging, and post the relevant part on pastebin or similar.
sabdino

Re: [unraid docker] Corrupt RAR file, even with the 100mb and 1GB test files from the 'Status and interface'

Post by sabdino »

Thank you Puzzled.

I have run the test file again and strangely that one has worked now? Nothing has been changed by me between yesterday and today so don't know what's happening there. It has still failed on another download however.

I have a logfile (Log1) from yesterday (when it did fail) and now have one from today (Log2) when it worked.

I am not allowed to plate links. I've saved it at https://paste.ee/p/JKKZB - Sorry, i don't know what the relevant part is so it's all there. If you need me to remove some, please let me know what part you require and I'll tidy it up.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed, you started a fresh download and it worked.
The verification on the first big download in the log shows that all files inside the download were correct.
So either the upload was bad, or something on your disks is bad?

Try maybe the 1GB or even the 10GB test-file?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

There are problems at various stages of unpacking the 100MB test so I'm suspecting a hardware problem. Could be cause by a range of things, like overclocking, overheating, bad RAM or disk problems.
sabdino

Post by sabdino »

Thank you both for looking into this for me.

I'll run some hardware tests and report back.
sabdino

Post by sabdino »

So after running RAM tests, i found one stick to return errors.

With that stick removed, each and every test has successfully completed. You were both completely right, it was a hardware issue.

Thank you both again, thread solved 😀
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Glad it is resolved :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate