SABNZB 3.2.1-48 on Synology not downloading

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
elove7300

SABNZB 3.2.1-48 on Synology not downloading

Post by elove7300 »

I just realized that my SABNZB has files to download but it's not downloading anything. I've made no changes to it. I did however recently update the Synology DSM version to DSM 6.2.4-25556.

Current set up is Synology 1815+
SABNZB version says 3.2.1[0542c25]
python version 3.8.8
uptime 0min

I would appreciate any help I can get to rectify this thank you!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABNZB 3.2.1-48 on Synology not downloading

Post by sander »

Possible causes for not downloading:

- no newsserver defined or active
- no newsserver reachable. Click on Test Server
- errors from newsservers. Check your log.
- Paused overall (main page)
- paused download (main page: Queue)
- paused based on schedule : config -> scheduling
- nothing in Queue
- no disk space left: red symbol at disk in upper left corner
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

Newsletter defined and active
Newsletter tested
No overall pause
There aprox 10 items in que
Que also not paused
No current schedules
Also when I log in I'm usually knocked out by the time I click 1 thing
Is there a manual update?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I added one possible cause: no disk space left: red symbol at disk in upper left corner
Also when I log in I'm usually knocked out by the time I click 1 thing
I don't know what you mean with this.
Is there a manual update?
Why would that help?
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

I thought that since I updated to the newest version of the synology DSM that maybe it broke SABNZB or that it created an environment which caused it to fail. I thought there was a newer version of SABNZB 3.3 but I didn't see it in my repository.
Space wise I've used 21TB of my 39TB
I have a username password setup on SABNZB. Once I log in and move around generally after 2 to 3 clicks within the program it jumps back to its login page. It does this constantly now. But this is also the first time I've opened it since I updated the DSM.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Once I log in and move around generally after 2 to 3 clicks within the program it jumps back to its login page. It does this constantly now.
That sounds bad. SAB problem? Browser problem?

Suggestions for your download problem:

1) inspect your log file sabnzbd.log (set to +Debug first)

2) brute-brute force: stop SABnzbd, remove everythin in /volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/var/ (you will loose all your settings, queue, and history, but not your downloads), and start SABnzbd again => fill out wizard.
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

How do I get to volune1/appstore/sabnzb/var? If I lose everything would it be easier to just uninstall sabnzb then re-download it?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

elove7300 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:52 pm How do I get to volune1/appstore/sabnzb/var? If I lose everything would it be easier to just uninstall sabnzb then re-download it?
I don't know if your settings are gone when you uninstall sabnzbd.
You can try: uninstall, install, and verify if you get the sabnzbd wizard (that would be good)
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

I completely uninstalled SABNZB restarted the Synology and reinstalled SABNZB ver 3.2.1-48 from the community. I ran the wizard tested my servers changed my API keys and it's doing the exact same thing. Are we sure this version is compatible with Synology DSM version 6.2.4-25556? It's also kicks me out of the program again. I have to re- log in after 1 to 2 clicks within SABNZB. Just as a check I have SABNZB on my MAC and its downloading fine with the same servers.
i switched to glitter and saw an error "a few seconds ago Cannot change permissions of /volume1/Downloads/incomplete"
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

i switched to glitter and saw an error "a few seconds ago Cannot change permissions of /volume1/Downloads/incomplete"
That is your problem: no writing access to that directory. Solve that. Or choose another directory that works. I can't help you with that; not a SABnzbd problem, and I don't use synology myself.
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

I solved that problem by moving the incomplete folder into the download folder. When I lodged back in the error was gone. I viewed the logs that error and a wrong API KEY for radarr was all I could make out. I fixed the radar issue as well by updating to the new sabnzb app key. Other than that sabnzb still won't download.
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

This is my first time trying this forum. The file was uploaded by safihre could safihre potentially weigh in? I have no idea what else it could be
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's something specific to your setup, as thousands of people use that package. We just have to find out what it is.
In the Status and Interface settings window (assuming you use Glitter) switch logging to Debug. Then try to download something. After a while, click Show Logging in the Status window and then copy the log to pastebin and share the url hete. The log will be anonymous.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

Aftet I did the update synology security had recommendations which I followed. I did disable the default admin account. But my new account is still an admin just not the admin name. Also I turned off fro anonymous. I'll post the logging when I'm home in a few hrs. Thank you and sander for the help
elove7300

Post by elove7300 »

I uninstalled sabnzb re installed it then left it to gather the debug and came back and it downloaded something on its own. I did a test download just now and it download the file. Not sure what the fix was but i guess the 2nd uninstall and reinstall just worked.