Different Folders by Category

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ruster34

Different Folders by Category

Post by ruster34 »

Let me start off by mentioning that I've been doing this for >5 years but just rebuilt everything on a new HTPC. This new one is Windows10 64bit

When trying to map folders for Movies in one place and TV Shows in another...

I had what I thought was setup correctly under "Categories" to have my TV shows go into another folder for storage (than my movies, which go to a network drive).

Apparently I did something wrong, because when the first (next) episode downloaded, every single series I have in the entire parent folder was deleted. FML

I tried to post a screenshot but new forum users aren't allowed to post links
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Different Folders by Category

Post by safihre »

SABnzbd doesn't just delete files, are you sure it's not some post-processing script or Sonarr/Radarr?
Are you using the latest SABnzbd?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ruster34

Post by ruster34 »

Hmm. There's nothing I can find in Sonarr settings that looks like the culprit. Any ideas where to look?

Good to know that SAB doesn't do it. Any ideas if my category settings are incorrect, regardless?

Here is the onedrive link to the screenshot... It's not showing up in this forum correctly, but if you right click and copy image address and then go to it from your browser it should show up. It's not restricted by permissions.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

These should indeed be the correct settings, at least to get Tv-shows in a separate folder.
But: if you use Sonarr, you shouldn't use Sorting. Maybe use 1 new category for Sonarr specifically and configure it both in SABNzbd and Sonarr.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate