C Drive filling up

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ryley199

C Drive filling up

Post by Ryley199 »

Looking for guidance,
With my current setup, using SABNZB and radarr/sonarr, I have my temp and completed folders, set to a second drive, yet when pulling multiple files, the free space on the C drive starts decreasing exponentially and I cant figure out why. The files move off to where the "Arrs" have directed them, but my C drive appears to be taking a hammering.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: C Drive filling up

Post by sander »

Same as your post in January viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25153 ?
Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

Yes, and still in the same boat, I cannot find WTF is filling it, whilst it pulls files, there is nothing in temp or anywhere, yes I know there must be something, but have no idea what. Surely if I direct the temp folder to a second drive it should use that, which it appears to be doing, but it doesnt stop C from filling up.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

Thank you, I have tried this but cant find the issue, additionally the article is old as the process for size has changed, when you type size a new tab opens which can be more defined. Rather than a post to the same article i was hoping someone may have had a similar experience and could advise of their situation.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Try using https://windirstat.net/ to find out where the data is stored and what it looks like. Maybe you're using some sort of SSD cache?
Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

That's what it appears as, I have searched everywhere with regards SSD cache on windows but cant find any info that might give me an idea how this is happening. I've done a search when downloading files of a decent size which drop the free space on C, but I cant find anything.
Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

So, an update, size search just would not find anything, however using WinDirStat I managed to see that the SSD appears to be definitely being used as a cache drive of some sort, why, I have no idea, how to stop this, I also have no idea.

It was reflecting 54Gb of unknown files on the "C" drive ( I cant seem to attach a image of the capture here) during a mega pull session (TBH I forgot I had left SAB unattended/unpaused as I got busy with my day job) once SAB had finished f doing its thing, the unknown files dropped to 2Gb.

When I stopped work for a moment and had a look at the drives on this device the "C" was full and had no space, not a good thing. I was relieved that it did not "Bork" the C drive.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated how I can stop this.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should then move SABnzbd folders off the C drive. Seems you have set the Incomplete folder to the C drive.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

Files do move to the Incomplete on D drive and then Complete on D Drive, but at the same time my C drive fills with unknown files
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

If you can see the file name(s) then google it to find out what you're using and how to disable it. If not then you have to check if any of the available systems are enabled on your PC. The most popular ones are probably Microsoft Superfetch and Intel SRT/Optane.
Ryley199

Post by Ryley199 »

nope cant find the files or see any file that is taking up this space. Its very weird in all my years of using PC's I have never seen this before. I have done all kinds of searches, which reveal nothing, but WinDirStat definitely revealed the drive is filling up with unknown files which leads me to believe that SAB is using it as some form of cache. Thinking I'll just shut it down and try out NZBGET, as I don't seem to be getting anywhere and the forum hasn't been much use.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

SABnzbd has no ability to make files WinDirStat can't see and it doesn't seem like you've tried to follow my suggestion for disabling SSD caching systems, but sure, suit yourself.