Local IPv4 address changes constantly

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rnobarr

Local IPv4 address changes constantly

Post by rnobarr »

Hi all. I am the typical noob so I apologize right away. I have searched both Google and this forum for an answer with zero success.

I have an Unraid server and am running the SabNZBDVPN container along with SONARR and RADARR. All was working great for quite a while. A month or so ago, SONARR and RADARR stopped sending requests to SAB. What I found is that Local IPv4 address (location - Wrench icon > Status and interface options > Status > Local IPv4 address) had changed in SAB. So I copied it, went to SONARR and RADARR, and changed it (In Settings > Download Clients for both SONARR and RADARR). Clicked TEST, got the green check mark, clicked SAVE. Tested it by sending a job from both SONARR and RADARR. Worked good.

However, the SAB Local IPv4 address constantly changes. Sometimes within hours. I changed it last night at around 11PM and this morning at 7AM it had already changed.

Has anyone else had this issue? These three containers had worked perfect for 1-2 years together, but now I get this issue. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Local IPv4 address changes constantly

Post by sander »

SAB cannot solve (or cause) this.

Having said that:
- in your DHCP server (often: your modem/router) you can assign a fixed LAN IPv4 address to your Unraid Server
- you can also often reach a device via its name. My SAB is running on http://brixit.local.:8080/
rnobarr

Re: Local IPv4 address changes constantly

Post by rnobarr »

I have a static IP set for Unraid at 10.0.1.20 and can reach the SAB web interface at 10.0.1.20:8080. I have no VLANs or anything else yet the SAB local IP address is (currently anyway) 10.54.112.242. Not sure where it is getting that IP from. I only have the 10.0.1.x