Drunkenslug & Categories

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Vortilion

Drunkenslug & Categories

Post by Vortilion »

Hi everyone,

since my newshosting client started crashing every few minutes I was looking for alternatives and found sabnzbd. So far I'm pretty convinced! One question though, maybe you guys can help me out. I hope its not a dumb question:

I'm using drunkenslug as an indexer and read about categories. It seems that all downloads from drunkenslug have the category "default" (didnt find any category inside the nzb, guess thats why), although on drunkernslug they have a category, e.g. "TV>HD". Am I right assuming thats because drunkenslug just doesnt put a category inside their nzbs? Do I have to manually change categories for every single item in the download-queue if i want to use e.g. the tv-sorting? Is there a way to change categories for multiple items in the queue at the same time?

Thanks in advance!
Puzzled

Re: Drunkenslug & Categories

Post by Puzzled »

I don't think it can guess the category if it's not in the nzb file but there are various other ways to select the category. Have you seen https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/3.4/categories ?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

With Drunkenslug, I use an RSS feed. And stuff retrieved via that RSS feed, do contain category: in my Dowload history I see
Category movies
Category tv

And when I manually retrieve my Drunkenslug RSS feed, in that RSS-XML I do see categories:
<category>TV > HD</category>
<category>Movies > HD</category>

So if not in the NZB, the magic word is RSS-feed.
Vortilion

Post by Vortilion »

Hi Sander,

already found your guide for that. ;-) It sounds interesting, but wouldnt that mean I'd have to wait at least 15 minutes for the download to start? Or can I trigger it manually in sabnzbd to read the feed?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Vortilion wrote: September 10th, 2021, 3:00 pm Hi Sander,

already found your guide for that. ;-) It sounds interesting, but wouldnt that mean I'd have to wait at least 15 minutes for the download to start? Or can I trigger it manually in sabnzbd to read the feed?
Yes and Yes