SABnzbd giving "Warning: Empty NZB File" error very often.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
varkietrin8

SABnzbd giving "Warning: Empty NZB File" error very often.

Post by varkietrin8 »

I've searched and found forum posts about this error, but none of them seem to have resolved it, or the OP stopped replying, or the solution didn't work for me.

Recently I switched from hosting a plex server (with sonarr, radarr, SABnzbd, and deluge) on my Windows 10 PC, to dedicated rack-mounted server running Windows server 2016. Since setting everything back up, SABnzbd is giving me this error on a lot of downloads:

Warning: Empty NZB file ... (specific media information)

It seems to affect some shows more than others, maybe due to file size? (More affected shows are newer and higher quality).

I tried confirming that the nzb was navigable, and it was and they are legitimate listings. My API's are all correct and there's no problem accessing my indexers. It doesn't target any specific indexer either; it affects nzb's from nzbgeek, nzbtortuga, and nzbplanet that I've seen so far, but probably the others too, and I'm not rate-limited when it happens applinked. The nzb's also are not filled with sample material (which I have SABnzbd set to ignore).

I tried checking the log file, but for some reason it doesn't seem to have logged anything since 28SEP around 1am. I thought maybe logs need to be generated, so I went to "status and interface options" -> "Show logging." but that just generated the same file. I even double checked the date/time on SABnzbd to make sure it didn't think it was 28SEP @ 1am right now.

Another strange thing I noticed is that now SABnzbd seems to identify my categories folders as orphaned jobs: IE; it is placing 99% of incomplete jobs in the "incomplete" folder alongside "sonarr" and "radarr," rather than IN "sonarr" or "radarr" and thinks the "sonarr" and "radarr" folders are orphaned jobs.

All settings are exactly the same as they were before. The only differences I can think of aside from the the operating system is that I have Winrar +7zip on the PC, but only 7zip on the server, and minor file path variations (User - administrator instead of user - Timboflex). Also, an update was put out during the switch, so the PC version was on 2.2.1, whereas the server is on 2.3.0.
Last edited by varkietrin8 on September 26th, 2021, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABnzbd giving "Warning: Empty NZB File" error very often.

Post by sander »

so the PC version was on 2.2.1, whereas the server is on 2.3.0.
What? That is soooo old.

Upgrade to SABnzbd 3.4.0, and we can talk further ... ;-)