Permisson issues on synology DSM 6.2.4 (Synocommunity)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
asaweli

Permisson issues on synology DSM 6.2.4 (Synocommunity)

Post by asaweli »

Hi apologize upfront if this is a topic I should be able to self resolve easily but for some reason I can't. I have dealt with permission issues for Sabnzbd, sonarr and radarr on my synology a few years back but recently all has been fine till now. My synology NAS recently updated to the latest DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2 and I believe this has created a permissions issue for some reason.

I am using the synocommunity sabnzbd from the synocommunity version 3.3.1-49

I now get the following error
Cannot create final folder /volume1/Downloads/complete/Sonarr/FILENAME

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/filesystem.py", line 672, in create_all_dirs
os.mkdir(path_part_combined)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/volume1/Downloads/complete/Sonarr/FILENAME'

I use the synocommunity radarr app version 20210329-19

Hoping that someone here can help me solve this. it seems the incomplete files cannot be moved to my 'complete' folder that I have indicated in Sabnzbd

thanks!
asaweli

Re: Permisson issues on synology DSM 6.2.4 (Synocommunity)

Post by asaweli »

believe it or not I think I might have just fixed this in the 10 minutes after posting this. so this teaches me to be patient and search a little more. It seems for some reason the system user "sc-sabnzbd" no longer had permissions for the download folder. This must be done on the share (via the control panel, shared folder, Edit, Permissions, System Internal Users) and for the subfolders via FileStation (properties, permissions, create sc-sabnzbd). Once I changed this it seems (fingers crossed) it started to work again. leaving this here in case others run into the same issu
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

This indeed is a big change in DSM 7, Synology forces you to be super specific about what permissions are given.
Indeed the Internal User needs to be given permission.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
asaweli

Post by asaweli »

safihre wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:57 pm This indeed is a big change in DSM 7, Synology forces you to be super specific about what permissions are given.
Agree the interesting thing is that I am not even on DSM7 yet
asaweli

Post by asaweli »

safihre wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:57 pm This indeed is a big change in DSM 7, Synology forces you to be super specific about what permissions are given.
Believe it or not but this issue is back for me continously get the following error message after updating sabnzbd on my synology to the synocommunity version 3.4.2 -50. Everything else has stayed the same (same DSM version as mentioned above). Dont understand why this is happening after the update. A restart of the NAS did not help and all the persmissions seem to be still in place (following my own text above :-))

does anyone else have this issue and can you help me resolve it?

issue as mentioned in sabnzbd is

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/filesystem.py", line 746, in create_all_dirs
os.mkdir(path_part_combined)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/volume1/Downloads/complete/Sonarr/"Filename"
asaweli

Post by asaweli »

I always feel the need to report back here when I was dense at first and found the solution over time :)

As was mentioned before the permissions are very specific and evidently got lost during the update and I had to go back to file manager and right click on the specific folders where sabnzbd wants to place files so 'incomplete' and 'downloaded' and then provide the system internal user the read and write permissions by ensuring all tickmarks are on and visible.

anyway solved .... again ... hope this helps someone like me who got stuck :)