Untrusted certificate [Eweka, newshosting, Let's encrypt R3]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bkz2457

Re: Untrusted certificate [Eweka, newshosting, Let's encrypt R3]

Post by bkz2457 »

Sadly as a Windows beta tester running Windows 11, i got that certificate info from Easynews who were aware of this problem.
Unfortunately you can't access the certificates [not on the beta anyway] as you can on win 10 etc.
I told them as it releases on October the 5th it might be worth their while getting on it asap! :)
Back to Newsleecher it seems.
chrblack

Post by chrblack »

bkz2457 wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 6:33 am Sadly as a Windows beta tester running Windows 11, i got that certificate info from Easynews who were aware of this problem.
Unfortunately you can't access the certificates [not on the beta anyway] as you can on win 10 etc.
I told them as it releases on October the 5th it might be worth their while getting on it asap! :)
I am a windows insider running Windows 11.. Are you not able to access certificate manager by following my instructions at the bottom of page 1 of this thread? I believe you can also resolve the issue by creating a new user profile since the issue is a stale record in the user certificates.
bkz2457

Post by bkz2457 »

chrblack wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:15 am
bkz2457 wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 6:33 am Sadly as a Windows beta tester running Windows 11, i got that certificate info from Easynews who were aware of this problem.
I am a windows insider running Windows 11.. Are you not able to access certificate manager by following my instructions at the bottom of page 1 of this thread? I believe you can also resolve the issue by creating a new user profile since the issue is a stale record in the user certificates.

I cant access anything after it shows the certificates, no sub category, what you posted is what Easynews sent me, when i mentioned 11 they said they had no workaround as yet.
chrblack

Post by chrblack »

bkz2457 wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:37 am
chrblack wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:15 am

I cant access anything after it shows the certificates, no sub category, what you posted is what Easynews sent me, when i mentioned 11 they said they had no workaround as yet.
Are you an Admin on your PC? If you are then there is no reason you would not be able to access your user certificates. If you want some help we can try a MS Teams meeting. Just PM me.
Last edited by chrblack on October 2nd, 2021, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
meimeiriver

Post by meimeiriver »

What about under Synology DSM? There are no cert listed there (only synology certificate itself).
chrblack

Post by chrblack »

meimeiriver wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:05 am What about under Synology DSM? There are no cert listed there (only synology certificate itself).
Did you see alfred_j_quack's post?

"Ugrading to the latest DSM on Synology, reloading the SAB packages from community fixed the issue for me"
meimeiriver

Post by meimeiriver »

chrblack wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:30 am
meimeiriver wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:05 am What about under Synology DSM? There are no cert listed there (only synology certificate itself).
Did you see alfred_j_quack's post?

"Ugrading to the latest DSM on Synology, reloading the SAB packages from community fixed the issue for me"

I saw it, but 6.2.3-25426 is the highest DSM I can run on Xpenology (Synology on ESXi). Besides, spotweb does not support a higher version of DSM.

I mean, there's gotta be a place where Synology stores its certs for me to update.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

meimeiriver wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:16 pm I saw it, but 6.2.3-25426 is the highest DSM I can run on Xpenology (Synology on ESXi). Besides, spotweb does not support a higher version of DSM.

I mean, there's gotta be a place where Synology stores its certs for me to update.
It's something at OS level, so the SAB forum is not the ideal place to ask for Xpenology help.

Having said that, I found these file on my old Synology

Code: Select all

admin@DiskStation:/$ ls -al /etc/ssl/certs/ | grep -e R3 -e X3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     27 Apr  6 04:36 062cdee6.0 -> GlobalSign_Root_CA_-_R3.pem
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Apr  6 04:36 0a775a30.0 -> GTS_Root_R3.pem
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Apr  6 04:36 2e5ac55d.0 -> DST_Root_CA_X3.pem
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     53 Apr  6 04:36 DST_Root_CA_X3.pem -> /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     62 Apr  6 04:36 GlobalSign_Root_CA_-_R3.pem -> /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA_-_R3.crt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     50 Apr  6 04:36 GTS_Root_R3.pem -> /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GTS_Root_R3.crt
I have no problems on my Synology and I don't know which file is relevant
alfred_j_kwack

Post by alfred_j_kwack »

sander wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:57 pm I have no problems on my Synology and I don't know which file is relevant

admin@system: openssl x509 -in /etc/ssl/certs/DST_Root_CA_X3.pem -text | grep "Not After"
            Not After : Sep 30 14:01:15 2021 GMT
So that is expired.

You probably don't have an issue because if I followed this explanation correctly you should have a ISRG Root X1 certificate which is the thing you need.

You can check this with

admin@system: ls -/etc/ssl/certs/ | grep -e X1
ISRG_Root_X1.pem@

admin@system: openssl x509 -in /etc/ssl/certs/ISRG_Root_X1.pem -text | grep "Not After"
            Not After : Jun  4 11:04:38 2035 GMT
There's also another place where certs are kept.

admin@system: sudo openssl x509 -in /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ISRG_Root_X1.crt -text | grep "Not After"
            Not After : Jun  4 11:04:38 2035 GMT

I don't know which of those two stores is the correct one, nor quite how to install a new cert if needed. It's tangentially covered here.
jupiter

Post by jupiter »

Thanks. I can wait two more days. Windows 11 public beta user as well.
bentoali

Post by bentoali »

For those of use who are using Newsdemon, they had a post on their blog that was helpful: . I am a new user so I can not post a link.

I also got in touch with Brent in their support team who sent this info:

A possible solution I've seen work for Windows users is the following
Open Run and type mmc.exe
Select <File>, <Add/Remove Snap-In..>
Choose <Certificates>
Select <My User Account>, and click<OK>
Expand <Certificates - Current User>
Expand <Intermediate Certificate Authorities>, and Click <Certificates>
Find the expired R3 and delete it.
chrblack

Post by chrblack »

jupiter wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 12:03 pm
Thanks. I can wait two more days. Windows 11 public beta user as well.
Doubt that'll fix it unless it wipes out your user certificate store which is highly unlikely. For some reason which I'm sure has an explanation it is leaving behind the old expired intermediate CA cert. The fix is to delete it from your user certificate store which you will need to do manually, or create a new user profile which will build a new user certificate store from the system store. The instructions I came up with and posted 5 days ago accomplish this and has on both my Windows 11 systems. The Windows 11 certificate manager is no different than in Windows 10.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

So far I’ve deleted the intermediate and root certificates mentioned in Windows 10 and I’m still having my problem. Trying Gr33nsn’s steps next
chrblack

Post by chrblack »

AtariBaby wrote: October 4th, 2021, 11:32 am So far I’ve deleted the intermediate and root certificates mentioned in Windows 10 and I’m still having my problem. Trying Gr33nsn’s steps next
Interesting... You only deleted expired certificates correct? On my system I had one expired X3 certificate In the user certificate store that needed to be deleted. I left all the active certificates.

I wonder if some haven't gotten the updated certs. Is your Windows fully updated?

Let know how it goes.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

Thanks chrblack! I’m going to work on it some more now. Seems to be certificate problems all over the internet today. Affecting Plex users, Squarespace webmasters, all kinds of stuff