Says upgrade available for SAB on QNAP but Sherpa says not

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
MartyIU13

Says upgrade available for SAB on QNAP but Sherpa says not

Post by MartyIU13 »

Hoping this is an easy one and someone can help. I got an alert today in SAB that there is an update (3.4.2) available. I am currently on 3.4.1 on a QNAP NAS running the SAB package installed via Sherpa. I used putty to SSH in and ran sherpa upgrade SABnzbd and it said no new package is available. Is it just that I have to wait or could something else be going on?
OneCD

Re: Says upgrade available for SAB on QNAP but Sherpa says not

Post by OneCD »

Hey Marty. :)

Application updates (like SABnzbd) are separate from QPKG updates. Sherpa only handles QPKG updates and upgrades, and has zero awareness of application versions.

Your SABnzbd QPKG automatically upgrades your SABnzbd application when you start the QPKG.

So, to upgrade SABnzbd, please navigate to your QTS App Centre, then ‘stop’ and ‘start’ the SABnzbd QPKG to perform the application upgrade to 3.4.2.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
MartyIU13

Post by MartyIU13 »

Well, shoot. I did not know it was that easy! That worked and thank you again for the help.

You helped me previously when some python stuff was going wonky with SAB and had me use Sherpa to fix that so I thought Sherpa would also update as there is a command called upgrade and SAB is a program option. If that's not updating the app itself, what is the sherpa upgrade option upgrading when I enter sherpa upgrade SABnzbd? Just hoping to learn.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

No worries. https://github.com/OneCDOnly/sherpa/wik ... -upgrading

The sherpa 'upgrade' command will upgrade any QPKGs where a new QPKG version is available. You can check which QPKGs can be upgraded with:

Code: Select all

sherpa list upgradable
... or view the status table with:

Code: Select all

sherpa status
Sherpa will also upgrade the Entware IPKGs (only if they require upgrading) and will force-reinstall various PIP modules. If I remember correctly, this should also restart each of your other sherpa QPKGs to force an internal application update too.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE