SAB Categories

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ray071295

SAB Categories

Post by Ray071295 »

I am pulling from Planet. In my categories, I have it set for TV to go to one place, movies, books and audio to other places. It works perfectly. Now what I think I want SAB to do (I believe it categories?) is to send; mainly TV to go to more specific folders. In categories, I named the show and the path. It still sent the show the the original generic location. How can I get more specific with the location I want to send each show?
I am on a Mac
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB Categories

Post by safihre »

Use Sorting, checkout the examples on the Config > Sorting pages and make sure to enable the series-sorter for the right category.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Ray071295

Post by Ray071295 »

I think I understand that. However, my TV series are spread out over a few different drives and not just one and my DL directory seems to allow only one destination. According to my response do i know what you are talking about?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Ah, using Categories you can get jobs to move to different drives. Set those up in the Path setting of the Category. You have to create multiple categories, one for each drive.
Then you'll need to enable Sorting for all of those if you want also special renaming done of the resulting video file after it's extracted to the desired drive.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Ray071295

Post by Ray071295 »

Let me start with categories. When I set SAB up originally, I sent TV shows to one location. As I'm trying to get more specific, it still sends TV shows to the original location. Do I need to get rid of the original location and set each show to it's own location? I sounds like i do and sounds logical. In sorting, I've set my shows the way I want them...i think!
%sn/Season %s/%sn - S%0sE%0e - %en.%ext
I seem t think the default location that shows in sorting is for shows that have no path.
Download Dir: /Volumes/710 NZB/SAB/SAB DL
As there is never anything in there. Is that my temp DL folder? I don't think it is.
Ray071295

Post by Ray071295 »

I deleted the main path (/Volumes/710 NZB/***SAB/TV) and created a new path (/Volumes/812 TV S-Z/ Backup). It did not download into the new directory. It downloaded to (/volumes/710 NZB/***SAB/SAB/SAB DL). I can not figure out how to change the path to individual 'folders'. In folders the path is (/Volumes/710 NZB/***SAB/SAB). There is no option to make multiple paths. Any idea? Suggestions?