OLd-timer but I think I'm having problems with new modem speed

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BillyClub

OLd-timer but I think I'm having problems with new modem speed

Post by BillyClub »

This is on Win10Pro using Sabnzbd 3.4.2. Been using the program for quite a while and I'd miss it if it was gone. A couple of weeks ago comcast raised their download speeds and notified me to upgrade my modem so I upgraded my SB6183 which was getting speeds very even in the 500+ range according to DU Meter. I than upgraded to a M7621 and according to again DU Meter the download speeds hover aeound the 350 or less again according to DU Meter. Going to the xfinity speed test it shows 714 or so, going to the speed test you mentioned to "epg0" I can get 730, 700, 660 or 750. I did a 10GB download and these are the results that you asked "apg0" for...
System performance (Pystone) 213228 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770…
Download folder speed 189.3 MB/s (C:\Users\Bob\incomplete)
Complete folder speed 86 MB/s (D:\DOWNLOADS\TEMP)
Internet Bandwidth 50.9 MB/s (407.2 Mbps).
DU Meter showed the speed of the 10GB file as between 575, mostly around 475 but a low of 425.
If there isn't anything else that would improve my speed I'd just as soon return this modem and reinstall the SB6283 the 200 mbps I might gain with the new modem to me dosen't seen worth it.
I should mention that all my downloads come off of something like Nzbplanet or NZBgrabit.
I THANK You for reading and apoligize for waisting your time
PS. and I know "why did I get it in the first place"
and I know its an old computer but it seems to do everything I want it to do
Rory12

Re: OLd-timer but I think I'm having problems with new modem speed

Post by Rory12 »

I decided to purchase the Arris S33 modem to replace my SB6183. What I noticed macys insite is I was able to take full advantage of krogerfeedback the speed upgrade and my ping dropped into the single digit range from the 20s.