Various issues (not recognizing failed download, stuck at 99%, downloading out of order)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
vegvisir7

Various issues (not recognizing failed download, stuck at 99%, downloading out of order)

Post by vegvisir7 »

Over the last week I've had so many issues with SABnzbd and I don't know what would be the cause. I rolled back to 3.4.1 but the issues persist. Thinking about going to a older version just to see.

Here is what I've been experiencing on a daily basis:
1. SABnzbd doesn't know how to fail a job anymore, it will continue on until the entire file is 100% then it will say it's not on my disk.
In the past, it would mark this job as failed and move to the next NZB. Instead it just mindlessly moves on with the attempted download.

I have "Abort jobs that cannot be completed" enabled

I tried to enable "Check before download" which didn't make a difference, currently disabled.

In Special settings I've enabled "no_penalties" but it shows "off"

I recently turned off Direct Unpack to see if that was a problem, that didn't help.

2. Because SABnzbd isn't marking failed jobs, Radarr isn't seeing that job as failed and will instead attempt to download the same file over and over.

3. Jobs will often get stuck at 99% with only 1-2MB of data left. In the logs it shows:
Resetting bad trylist for job
or
Resetting bad trylist for file

I have 3 servers, each with their own priority 0, 1, 2 and they all have a timeout of 20s.

I can't post the log because it contains "links" and I am a new user. I have the full debug file that I can attach.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Various issues (not recognizing failed download, stuck at 99%, downloading out of order)

Post by safihre »

Let's first reset your setup, the special settings you have changed can have a combined negative effect. Particular the no penalties.
So do this: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#freshstart
And only add one server with the default of 8 connections. And then add Radarr again.
Your issues seem to be from unreliable server that sometimes drops connections.
If you add another server, only use 8 connections and don't change any switches or special or advanced settings.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
vegvisir7

Re: Various issues (not recognizing failed download, stuck at 99%, downloading out of order)

Post by vegvisir7 »

Thanks for the suggestion! I have done a fresh start and we've made progress. SABnzbd now recognizes a failed job, Radarr sees that it's failed. However, SABnzbd isn't attempting a different release? Radarr has other releases that are eligible.

As a test, I downloaded NZBGet, which does get the communication from Radarr to try a new release. I personally don't like NZBGet, so I would like to figure out why attempting a different release has stopped working in SABnzbd.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No, sabnzbd and nzbget both don't communicate to Radarr. Radarr always queries sabnzbd or nzbget and acts based on it.
In the Downloader settings page of Radarr there is a switch, maybe under advanced settings, to automatically try new jobs.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
vegvisir7

Post by vegvisir7 »

So I am still having this issue, not sure what to do from here. I have 2 pages (over 40 downloads) stuck in the queue. Sab is just moving on to others in the list, completely out of order (I would post a screenshot if I could).

If I can't use a backup server connection and I can only use one, that defeats the purpose of it.

A second issue, when I remote to Sab via another PC, the time isn't correctly stated. For example, a download that is finished 5 minutes ago on the actual machine where it's running, says "in 7 hours" on the remote machine? I don't understand that.

My question is, how can I get Sab to actually finish a job, before it just moves onto another, without slowing everything down. I have 3 servers setup, and it's using 2 of those connections downloading two files at the same time (assuming it wasn't found on my Priority 1 server). This is becoming a real problem that I can't fix other than not using SabNZBD in the first place.

Update: Some jobs are stopping at different percentages. Not all are stopping at 99%. On this page I am looking at it's 99%, 98%, 98%, 97%, 98%, 98%, 98%, 98%, 99%, 98%, 95%, 97%, 97%, 97%, this is the third page of jobs not going through, Page 1 has jobs at 0% and it skipped over these, Page 2 is various jobs from 97%-99% completed.

Update #2: It seems that Direct Unpack may be the culprit. Once the jobs at the top of the queue failed and it moved on, Sab is now finishing all the jobs stuck at 95%-99% at a rapid rate (completing). It seems that Direct Unpack is doing it's job but then Sab moves on to another job before it finishes? Not sure exactly, but I think that's where my problem might be, unsure how to fix other than turning it off.

I have SAB download to it's own dedicated NVMe drive, so unpacking is generally very very fast.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe you can enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again (Debug logging needs to be enabled the whole time the job was in the queue) and the log to [email protected]