Docker / Synology DSM Permissions hell

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
theazz

Docker / Synology DSM Permissions hell

Post by theazz »

I'm sorry if this isn't right, I've googled for days and I'm really struggling.

I've got Sab 3.4.2 in docker, using the LinuxServer image, DSM 6.2.4-25556. The docker uses the admin user I use.

In short, all the files SAB makes, even the test downloads, as in, files and folders in the "Incomplete" folder. Have this weird "Custom" permissions set on it, where all permissions are allowed EXCEPT for "Change Permission", "Take Ownership", and, crucially, "Delete". No idea where this "Custom" profile is, I've looked everywhere, it's applying to me, the admin, and the admin groups, and overriding the defaults being inherited from the parent folder.

This means I can't delete shows from Plex, amongst other things.

If i just make a random file with DSM File station or from windows as this user, they get my expected permission of "Full Control".

This is the case with incomplete downloads, folder and files, and complete. Sab can't seem to change the complete download folder permission whether is set that on or not. I've tried setting Permissions for completed downloads to 777 but doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance,
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Docker / Synology DSM Permissions hell

Post by sander »

It's a docker / synology thing: from docker you can specify the user id that should be used. See https://vsupalov.com/docker-shared-permissions/ and full discussion https://stackoverflow.com/questions/265 ... missions-o ... not for the faint of heart.

But, maybe, as a workaround: Via config/folders/#permissions ... set "Permissions for completed downloads" to 777. Maybe that makes the directories and files world-readable/writable.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Docker / Synology DSM Permissions hell

Post by sander »

And?