Category question with destination path

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
flyfoam

Category question with destination path

Post by flyfoam »

I using 3.4.2 on Windows 10

I have a category setup for a specific folder. The files I am downloading are .rar files and inside the .rar are encoded names (whatever you call it when they look like giberish). When the file is encoded SAB is not moving the file to my category folder. Can SAB be setup to use the name of the .rar file for the correct folder?
flyfoam

Re: Category question with destination path

Post by flyfoam »

I finally found my answer - Deobfuscate filenames setup option in the post processing area. It was off.
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

The issue continues. The Deobfuscate works renaming the file, but apparently it is done in wrong order. The file is still not moved with the category setup. I'm going to assume the category move happens before the renaming of the file.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It seems maybe the jobs are not placed in the right category, can you verify in History that this is happening correctly?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

The files are not being moved if the filename has to be renamed. I think the rename is happening after the decision to move the file to the correct category. I also noticed this same behavior with Sonarr, it does not move the file to my NAS if the file has to be processed with deobfuscate routine.

Is it possible the rename of the file is not being correctly updated with the variable name in SABNZB so it's still looking the obfuscated file name?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe you can enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again click Show Logging in the same window and then send me the logs at [email protected].
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

It turns out when a file is obfuscated the NZB's created on PlanetNZB and NZBFinder do not include a category. That's at least the case for manually downloaded files. I don't know why Sonarr is not moving the files when it's obfuscated. It can't being using a category since it's moving them to a specific TV folder for each series.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe you should try Deobfuscate final filenames again, since that one does the renaming of the obfuscated files so Sonarr understands them.
And make sure your jobs end up in the right category.
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I left the switch on to Deobfuscate the file names, it's way to much of a hassle to leave that off. But Sonarr keeps trying another release over and over again until it finds one that it can move to the proper directory. So I have 5 or 6 versions of the same TV show left over in my SABnzb directory.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I'm a bit confused: you let SABnzbd do the renaming, but not Sonarr?

Sonarr+SABnzbd works best if you do not use any of the Sorting/Deobfuscate. Just let Sonarr do the moving to the final directories and do the renaming.
If Sonarr is left in charge, it will just use the SABnzbd API to figure things out. Even if the filenames are crap, it understands that if there's 1 big movie-file in the resulting directory (that it gets from the API), that is the right one.
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I do let Sonarr do the renaming, I don't do any sorting. I use the categories for music. But anytime a TV show comes in with a obfuscated file name, it sits in my SABNZB download directory and never gets moved to my NAS. Sonarr goes out and finds another version and keeps doing this until it finds one that is normal filename.

SABNZB has to tell Sonarr what the filename is. My guess is SABNZB is passing the obfuscated file name to Sonarr but it's been renamed (deobfuscated) and no longer can be found.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No, Sabnzbd does not tell the filename it only shares the folder name.
Do you maybe have disable job folders by adding a * to the category for Sonarr?
And is Sonarr setup to use the right category?
Because Sonarr will only check Sabnzbd history for downloads that have the category specified in the Sonarr Config.