Dirscan not working since I upgraded?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
SteveMc

Dirscan not working since I upgraded?

Post by SteveMc »

For some reason, unknown to me, since I upgraded to the latest version earlier on today sabnzbd has stopped automatically adding .nzbs that are placed into the dirscan directory?

I've checked that they are saved to the right place, and that the correct location is specified in the config/directories options... I know the .nzbs in that folder aren't corrupt cos if I add them manually from that location they work fine? I've tried shutting down sab and restarting?

What am I doing wrong? Never had this problem before!
SteveMc

Re: Dirscan not working since I upgraded?

Post by SteveMc »

Hmm. I've found an error in the warnings under the connections tab:

"2008-02-16 20:08:12,059 ERROR [nzbstuff] Trying to fix ._*******.nzb (will take some time) Traceback (most recent call last): File "sabnzbd\nzbstuff.pyo", line 336, in __init__ File "", line 85, in XML SyntaxError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 0

I've removed the filename there and replaced it with ****s.

I've since added that very nzb manually and it's fine, but it seems to have screwed up my dirscan somehow?

Any ideas?
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

Been messing about with this some more this more, and it's getting frustrating.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, tried numerous different .nzbs and even changed my dirscan directory.

Always seems to come back to the same error in connections that I listed above. I can add the .nzb manually, but would really like to get it working properly again! This definitely didn't happen once before the new version was installed yesterday.

I did notice in the dirscan directory it leaves the original .nzb but adds another file, labelled the same apart from adding dot underscore at the beginning, like this:

._nzbfilename.nzb

Can anyone help please? Love the program, but if I can't get this to work I'll have to go back to Newsleecher!
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

Okay, last post from me on this, promise  ;) It may help someone to help.

I spotted another error. This one says:

"2008-02-17 10:23:24,381 ERROR [sabnzbd] Error accessing NZBQ? Traceback (most recent call last): File "sabnzbd\__init__.pyo", line 777, in add_nzbfile File "sabnzbd\nzbstuff.pyo", line 343, in __init__ UnboundLocalError: local variable 'root' referenced before assignment"

Means nothing to me. Hopefully it does to somebody on here!

TIA.
Last edited by SteveMc on February 17th, 2008, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

It looks like you have a incorrect NZB file in the dirscan dir.
This makes the dirscan task crsah internally.
Since the file is not removed, each time SABnzbd's dirscan task starts, it stumbles over the file and crashes.

Empty your scan directory first and add the NZB's one by one to see which one crashes SABnzbd.

We working on a solution to make SABnzbd recover properly from bad NZB's.
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

That's weird though, because like I said, when I re-installed I actually changed the dirscan directory to a new, completely empty one. It picked up the first couple I put in there, then started doing it again while I was doing some tests from Newzbin (with different .nzbs to the ones I was using yesterday when the problem occured)?

Like I said, I can load the same .nzb manually by browsing to the dirscan directory and selecting it, so I assumed it wasn't a bad .nzb cos surely it would fall over when I loaded it manually too?

I've quit the process, emptied the dirscan directory and restarted several times with no success?
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

And I just tried it again. Emptied the dirscan directory, downloaded a random nzb from newzbin - didn't load, appended dot underscore to the start of a new file of the same name and threw up the error?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

What platform are you on (Linux, OSX, Windows) and what exact version?
Please email the NZB and a ZIP of your logfiles to [email protected]
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

I think it's a rights problem...
* if your running linux like system, did you have the rights set on the nzb folder? and when you drop a nzb file, in the nzb folder, did you did this with the same user as you run sabnzbd+?
if you run sabnzbd under normal user, and you drop an nzb file in the nzb folder with a an other user, Sabnzbd+ can't pick up the nzb because it doesn't have rights to do so.

* if you run windows, set the nzb folder as everyone full control

* if it is a shared folder on another windows pc, share it everyone as full control and the permissions for everyone as full control (twice! share permissions and normal permissions)
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

i don't see why it would be a rights problem, as 0.3.0 worked perfectly with the same rights assigned?

As an experiment I have just uninstalled 0.3.1 and gone back to 0.3.0 and dirscan is now working fine again, so something seems to have got broken (for me at least) with the latest release?
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

SteveMc wrote: i don't see why it would be a rights problem, as 0.3.0 worked perfectly with the same rights assigned?

As an experiment I have just uninstalled 0.3.1 and gone back to 0.3.0 and dirscan is now working fine again, so something seems to have got broken (for me at least) with the latest release?
thought it was a rights problem because of this:
SteveMc wrote: "2008-02-17 10:23:24,381 ERROR [sabnzbd] Error accessing NZBQ? Traceback (most recent call last): File "sabnzbd\__init__.pyo", line 777, in add_nzbfile File "sabnzbd\nzbstuff.pyo", line 343, in __init__ UnboundLocalError: local variable 'root' referenced before assignment"
But since you have no problems with the older version.. it probably can't be a rights problem.
Do you; run it on a linux box/use SABnzbd+ sources or do you use the normal windows package?
SteveMc

Post by SteveMc »

I use the normal Windows package on Vista... The only perhaps slightly unusual thing is that I tend to download the .nzbs from my Mac laptop to the dirscan directory on the Vista PC. Maybe that is why I'm having a problem but not many others are?

However, it definitely seems to work okay under the same circumstances using the previous version. I'll stick with that for now!