Should sabnzbd be downloading ALL pars?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Aaron

Should sabnzbd be downloading ALL pars?

Post by Aaron »

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's normal for sabnzbd to download all pars in the nzb before downloading the actual content. I remember in the last stable that it would download 1 or 2 small pars, download the content, then download additional pars if it was needed. But in 0.5.0 it has decided to download all 70mb of par files to begin with.

This is a clean install, not an upgrade, as I have set it up on a new PC I built a few days ago.

Is it be possible to revert back to the old behaviour so that I don't waste excess bandwidth, especially for some nzbs that almost have 100% of par recovery files? As I have a monthly bandwidth cap in place.

Attached is my config if required, thanks :)
Last edited by Aaron on March 1st, 2010, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Re: Should sabnzbd be downloading ALL pars?

Post by switch »

How have you come to the conclusion that all pars have been downloaded? Did you see the files in your incomplete folder?

The extra par2 files are only moved to the paused state when the nzb starts downloading.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yes I see all of them in the Incomplete folder, but it doesn't matter now as its fixed. For some reason the post processing was set at Download instead of D on new nzbs being added, so I had to go into Categories and change Default to D on all of them to ensure newly added nzbs stick to D. My Default Post-Processing in Switches is on +Delete btw but didn't seem to have any effect.

Now only a few of them get downloaded while the big pars stay on paused :)
Last edited by Aaron on March 1st, 2010, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Very sorry, not the program at fault. I went to download a few nzbs from tvnzb.com and found the same problem to occur. It didn't take too long to figure out, it was because "Do Nothing" was selected in nzbdStatus in Firefox, in the Newzbin tab. I must have somehow mistook this option to be a "pause" setting when I was setting up this plugin a few days ago.
Last edited by Aaron on March 1st, 2010, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.