Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
nerpissad

Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Post by nerpissad »

Version: 0.5.0 Final
Install-type: OSx .app
Skin: Plush
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes

I have set up sabnzbd to execute a script when a specific category of downloads finishes (it updates the plex media center app).
however, since the new 0.5.0 version this message appears when the download has finished:

Access to this document requires a User ID

I read that it could relate to a permissions issue (I am running on OSX 10.6.2) and I have set the permissions to 777 in permissions for completed downloads in config ->folders.
this doesn't get rid of the message and more importantly doesn't execute the script.
anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

on a sidenote, I also get occasional warnings that I should be enter a user name and password in my 3rd party program, but I can never figure out which program that could be?
I use the myNZB iphone app (with API key) and I have tried ploughing through the log file but it never says which program the message relates to..
it may also be important to note that I use nzbmatrix RSS feeds (also with API key).

any help is appreciated!
Last edited by nerpissad on March 18th, 2010, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Access to this document requires a User ID

Post by shypike »

First the apikey of nzbmatrix and that of SABnzbd are not related.
It must be the myNZB phone app.
Some of these third-party apps deliberately cause incorrect logins
to find out how authentication works. These are logged as warning.
Release 0.5.0 suppresses warnings about the behavior of the more
popular apps, but not for myNZB.
The author of myNZB should fix this, because 0.5.0 now has an API
call to find out about authentication.

I have no clue about  the"Access to this doc" message.
Where does it appear?
What happens if you run the script from a terminal prompt?
nerpissad

Post by nerpissad »

shypike wrote: First the apikey of nzbmatrix and that of SABnzbd are not related.
It must be the myNZB phone app.
Some of these third-party apps deliberately cause incorrect logins
to find out how authentication works. These are logged as warning.
Release 0.5.0 suppresses warnings about the behavior of the more
popular apps, but not for myNZB.
The author of myNZB should fix this, because 0.5.0 now has an API
call to find out about authentication.
could this be the case even when I'm not using the myNZB app?  I only use that occasionally, but the warning messages appear more frequently.
I just checked the settings in myNZB and I do have the API key entered in there as well.
this is what the warning looks like in the log:
2010-03-15 22:17:43,420::WARNING::[interface:232] Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
shypike wrote: I have no clue about  the"Access to this doc" message.
Where does it appear?
What happens if you run the script from a terminal prompt?
it appears in the history overview:

I can execute the script from the terminal without issues. it's quite the simple script as well:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
curl --get "http://192.168.1.200:3000/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"
this was working fine in 0.4.12 by the way.
Last edited by nerpissad on March 16th, 2010, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

myNZB may very well try this at regular intervals.
Please complain to its author as well.

The error is coming from curl, because the website wants authentication.
Depending on how you start SABnzbd, the script may inherit
a different environment than it gets from a terminal prompt.
It's your job to make sure it gets the right one.
Add a "set" command to the script and look at the differences
between running it from the terminal and from SABnzbd.
nerpissad

Post by nerpissad »

I've managed to get round one of the issues by changing the script to include a username and password in the URL like so:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
curl --get "http://plex:[email protected]:3000/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"
I now get a beautiful Ok in the history overview.  ;)

I haven't had the 'pleasure' of seeing the other warning message yet,  even after playing around with myNZB. maybe the messages are related somehow.
nerpissad

Post by nerpissad »

the problem has not magically solved itself unfortunately.
I have however noticed that the warning messages start appearing when I put an nzb in my watched folder.
my watched folder is a dropbox folder which is scanned every 20 seconds for new nzb's.
the warnings show up almost exactly every half hour from the moment SAB starts downloading and don't stop after downloading has finished:
2010-03-18 15:43:37,323
WARNING:
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-03-18 16:13:35,711
WARNING:
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-03-18 16:43:38,785
WARNING:
2010-03-18 17:13:39,507
WARNING:

obviously now I'm suspecting dropbox to be the culprit, but I can not be sure. the half hour interval is strange too. I can't find any settings in neither dropbox nor SAB that have an half hour interval of some sort.
is anyone using a similar set up with dropbox as a watched folder?
Last edited by nerpissad on March 18th, 2010, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitgerrits

Re: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Post by kitgerrits »

There seems to be a 5-minute interval in mine:
2010-04-22 12:07:46,433 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 12:22:33,565 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 12:27:34,640 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 12:37:09,044 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
I have already disabled nzbdstatus (and restarted firefox), but the warning keeps coming back.Q

I am running the directory watch, but I haven't dropped anything in there in a while...

Could the Plush skin be at fault?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General ....

Post by shypike »

kitgerrits wrote: Could the Plush skin be at fault?
Try another one.
kitgerrits

Post by kitgerrits »

I just switched to classic - darkblue (/m/) and the line appeared each time I opened the config page.
Then it stopped appearing...  :-\

2010-04-22 19:28:40,747 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 19:28:46,023 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 19:29:00,084 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 19:29:20,044 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 19:29:22,884 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:
2010-04-22 19:29:25,867 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:

With smpl - blue, I get the line each time I open the Home page.

I only get the warning with Firefox, not Internet Explorer.
It happens when loading /sabnzbd/, not one of the sub-requests (css, queue, history, tapi)
Last edited by kitgerrits on April 22nd, 2010, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitgerrits

Authentication missing - Got it!

Post by kitgerrits »

I have found the culprit:
It's the CoolIris plugin in Firefox.

Disabling that will make the warnings go away.

Should I disable it or can you 'silently drop' the ones caused by that plug-in?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Why does CoolIris try to communicate with SABnzbd?
We put the warning in for a reason, namely to warn you about
a failing third-party application or a potential security breach.
kitgerrits

Post by kitgerrits »

Interesting:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/reviews/display/5579?page=3&show=20 wrote:I've detected spyware-like behavior on the Cooliris 1.11.6 add-on: After installing the add-on, Firefox makes unsolicited connections every time the browser gets closed (to at least the following addresses: 216.211.172.39, 87.248.218.80, 74.125.87.105) - even when Cooliris has not been used at all! (Just open Firefox and close it again to observe this behavior.)
I've solved the problem by removing the Cooliris add-on.
I have notified Cooliris of this behaviour and await their response ;-)
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

I've started to receive those warning messages too, wasn't aware that Cooliris (for Chromium) was the culprit.
Now the million dollar question. I'm not even running Sab on this computer so why the hell is Coloris doing accessing MY Sabnzb server, on MY PRIVATE network? >:(

Kitgerrits, did you receive a reply from the mail you sent Coloris?
kitgerrits

Post by kitgerrits »

They're ready to help, but by then I had simply disabled the add-on.
(I had just spent a few days debugging my Tomtom)

Hi there!

Under what conditions are you seeing these unsolicited requets? Which site are you visiting and to which addresses are these connections being made?

Cheers,
Jeff & the Cooliris Team
kricker

Post by kricker »

Thank goodness I found this thread. I was having the same issue using Firefox. Disabled the Cooliris plugin and now the usernmae/password errors are gone!