Limiting file size of nzb or queued file?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Limiting file size of nzb or queued file?

Post by shypike »

I'm looking forward to reliable specification :)
RKM

Post by RKM »

Let me know specifically what I can provide, and I'll be happy to do whatever I can.
bdavies

Post by bdavies »

Is anyone having issues with their pipes and sab?  my pipe looks fine but after adding rss to sab, it comes accross as empty, any thoughts?
RKM

Post by RKM »

@bdavies-
Make sure you're using the debug feature of Pipes.  Down at the bottom of the pipes window, you'll see the list of what is being generated.  If nothing is in that list, then nothing is being produced.  To find out where the issue lies, you can "trace" it by clicking the first feed starting point, seeing what displays in the debug section -- then the next filter point, seeing what displays, then the next, etc.  Eventually you'll see one section that causes the results to disappear, and that is the section that needs to be altered.

@shypike-
Let me know what additional information/examples I can provide to give you a more reliable spec.
bdavies

Post by bdavies »

actually i can click on each one and the output of pipes shows 1 show, when i preview it in sab, 0 listed.

well i just did a preview and it is working again, intermittent, could it have something to do with the tvnzb feed?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

bdavies wrote: could it have something to do with the tvnzb feed?
TVnzb is having a hard time, we're seeing more complaints.
Rumour has it that they suffer DDOS attacks.
fusen

Post by fusen »

bdavies wrote: actually i can click on each one and the output of pipes shows 1 show, when i preview it in sab, 0 listed.

well i just did a preview and it is working again, intermittent, could it have something to do with the tvnzb feed?
I had this aswell, I'm pretty sure it's more to do with the fact the rss output of a pipe is cached where as if you run the pipe on the yahoo sites you are seeing live results every time.

So although the pipe may show results when building it, when you view the rss output in a client it'll be cached at 0 results until you wait 15-30 mins and it properly updates
bdavies

Post by bdavies »

Thanks, i was starting to wonder that myself, do you know if restarting sab inits an rss refresh?  It seems to work then.
RKM

Post by RKM »

Eventually someone with deeper pockets needs to take over TVNZB, because it seems they just cannot handle the volume.

Alternatively someone could start a competitor and offer RSS subscriptions at a small cost, to subsidize the hosting costs.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

bdavies wrote: Thanks, i was starting to wonder that myself, do you know if restarting sab inits an rss refresh?  It seems to work then.
Yes it does, a minute or so after startup.
zetor12

Post by zetor12 »

Interesting and very helpful thread here, thanks to all, I have a couple of questions, first if I want to have a mixture of some 720p and some SD shows can Yahoo Pipes be configured to handle that? After I have added the Yahoo Pipes feed into my SABnzd do I also have to also add all the shows in the RSS Config and set all the filters or is this all done at the Pipes end?
RKM

Post by RKM »

@zetor12-
If you want a mixture of shows (some in 720p and some in SD) you might want to create two separate "Pipes" although you could do it in one.  With pipes you can create limitless rules with AND/OR logic, so you could easily do it either by saying essentially "where matching shows X,Y,Z *and* contains 720p in title" and another rule that is essentially "where amtching shows A,B,C *and* does not contain 720p,1080i".  Or the easier method by limiting one entire feed only to shows that are 720p, then list the show ID's you want in 720, then do the same for SD.

Back in SABnzbd+ you would just list the RSS feed URL in Pipes, along with a "*" (meaning: grab all content that matches, since you already filtered everything you want inside the pipe).