Loose Sorting of Files in Folder

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
scarlin83

Loose Sorting of Files in Folder

Post by scarlin83 »

hi, am new to this program but i absolutely love it. the iphone app is fantastic, my downloads folder is a share on my whs machine. i would like to download my files to this folder, which i can do but i would like them to go in there, but not extract to another folder within my downloads folder just for the files to extract to this folder. i think this is a sorting issue but i cant find it anywhere. does anyone know how this can be done. thanks for any advice guys.

Again thanks for this program, i purchased newsbins pro and i find this program to be better set out. The remote access to it is brill can be in work and still download to my pcs in the house.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Loose Sorting of Files in Folder

Post by shypike »

I don't quite understand the issue.
Do you want all downloaded files to be dumped in a single folder?
If so, you need to write your own (simple) user script to move the files from the folder to the the master folder.

Sorting may help too, but it's very much oriented towards jobs consitsting of single AVI files.
scarlin83

Post by scarlin83 »

yea basically i want to download all my mkv files to the downloads folder. i dont want them to be put into another folder. its harder to move them to my movies folder if they are in another folder. i like to rename the files to the way i like before transfering them to the movies folder on the server. its rather hard to explain lol am proberly the only one who wants to do this
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

That's why we support user scripts :)
For doing things that nobody else needs.
scarlin83

Post by scarlin83 »

lol. i have to say i am very impressed. i bought a poweredge 1u server to stick in the loft to do all my downloads
doubledrat
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by doubledrat »

I wouldn't recommend putting everything in the same folder, because you get all sorts of extra files and working out which belongs to which download would be nigh on impossible.  I would recommend you just write a little script that moves them from the individual folder to their final destination.  it could be as simple as

mv $1/*.mkv $1/..

or in windows

move %1\*.mkv %1\..
scarlin83

Post by scarlin83 »

cool thanx m8 will give that a go