test nzb before download

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
krackt

Re: test nzb before download

Post by krackt »

sander wrote:Ah: nzbindex creates a different format than binsearch (see below). I'll take care of that in my script.

And no, this is just a NZB-checker. My hope is that SAB will do something like itself, so that my script is not necessary anymore.

Edit: improved script on http://www.appelboor.com/sander/nzb-checker-threaded.py[/code]
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.
NBAJ2K

Post by NBAJ2K »

I wasn't able to get any of the links in this thread to work, but was definitely interested in trying it out. I was wondering if someone else could repost the script.

I had seen NZB Completion checker from here
http://www.zoon.dk/?p=151

Unfortunately it did not support SSL, so I was hoping there was a sab script that would do the same thing. I'm a newbie so I apologize for the question, but could someone possibly lend a hand? I use usenetserver so I would probably have to tweak the script so that it would work with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

~J
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

We're working on adding a pre download check in SABnzbd 0.7.0.
The Alpha test will begin in a few weeks.
jumper

Post by jumper »

NBAJ2K wrote:I wasn't able to get any of the links in this thread to work, but was definitely interested in trying it out. I was wondering if someone else could repost the script.

I had seen NZB Completion checker from here
http://www.zoon.dk/?p=151

Unfortunately it did not support SSL, so I was hoping there was a sab script that would do the same thing. I'm a newbie so I apologize for the question, but could someone possibly lend a hand? I use usenetserver so I would probably have to tweak the script so that it would work with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

~J
NZB Completion Checker was ok, I think it was a little slow(not sure, can't recall)...I stared looking for something like this a couple days ago.
I liked NZB Download Checker: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/O ... cker.shtml which seems pretty quick, and you can cancel a check pretty easily, but, I really wanted something to run on multiple .nzb files in a "batch", or queue.

I was able to get the script linked earlier in the thread. here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6knr607a1c4m5gc
I have what I believe is the original script, and I'll include my small edit...I just edited the script a little to output less for the purpose of running in a batch for checking multiple .nzb files, and makes the output more readable on the screen.

One thing I noticed about this script though is that when the articles that the nzb references have been all or mostly removed, it seems to run very slow. Otherwise, it's great! Nearly exactly what I was looking for...running in "batch" mode.
scotepi

Post by scotepi »

any updates on getting this in SABnzbd+?

The python script appears to be down. I'm trying the windows app "NZB Completion Checker" but its ungodly slow.
zoggy
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zoggy »

howdy sander, any chance of getting you to post the latest versions of your script ?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

zoggy wrote:howdy sander, any chance of getting you to post the latest versions of your script ?
Why? The functionality has been developed into SABnzbd, and it appears to not work with the new mis-named posts.

I could dive into my webserver archive to find it, but let me know why you need it ....
zoggy
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zoggy »

sander wrote:
zoggy wrote:howdy sander, any chance of getting you to post the latest versions of your script ?
Why? The functionality has been developed into SABnzbd, and it appears to not work with the new mis-named posts.

I could dive into my webserver archive to find it, but let me know why you need it ....
I have my own script which I run to check a nzb against multiple providers.. it works but I was looking at ways to optimize it. Figured I'd look at your code and compare. Reason why I use it is to check against peoples complaints about why a nzb doesnt work / dmca concern / etc. Allows me to check quickly rather than having to rely on loading it into sab.. i can quickly run it and have it output to screen to paste in irc.

Code: Select all

>python nzbchecker.py Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS.nzb
checking Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS.nzb
Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS 0%, 3000 failed articles on supernews
Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS 0%, 2990 failed articles on newsgroupdirect
Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS 100%, 0 failed articles on xsusnet-free
Arrow.S02E02.Identity.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS 100%, 0 failed articles on astraweb
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, found it somewhere. It's online again: http://www.appelboor.com/dump/nzb-checker/
zoggy
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zoggy »

thank you, I've grabbed it :)
fjyorn

Post by fjyorn »

sander wrote: October 23rd, 2013, 12:01 pm OK, found it somewhere. It's online again
Link's dead. Could you post it again? I'd like that mulithreaded script of yours :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should just use the functionality in SABnzbd itself.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate