SABnzbd on NAS equivalent unit - anyone else?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
switch

Re: SABnzbd on NAS equivalent unit - anyone else?

Post by switch »

As mentioned in the wiki for using gmail:
WARNING:
In order to use TLS email (required for gmail.com) on Unix/Linux/OSX systems, you will need to have extra Perl modules installed:
For Ubuntu/Debian use:
apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl
apt-get install libcrypt-ssleay-perl
apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
manks

Post by manks »

switch wrote: As mentioned in the wiki for using gmail:
WARNING:
In order to use TLS email (required for gmail.com) on Unix/Linux/OSX systems, you will need to have extra Perl modules installed:
For Ubuntu/Debian use:
apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl
apt-get install libcrypt-ssleay-perl
apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
Hadn't realised that the wiki had been updated since 0.3 was finalised.  These files haven't been compiled for the version of linux i'm using, so will have to try using my isp's details and then getting them forwarded onto gmail.

Thanks for your help
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

I've written a guide to installing sabnzbdplus 0.3.0 on a LinkStation ARM9 (Pro or Live).

If you are new to hacking LinkStations, be sure to read the guides at NAS Central before attempting any of this.

I can't post the guide here as I can't seem to post any code. The guide is at: http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic. ... 611#p45611

Interestingly, comparing SAB to HellaNZB, some seem to think Hella assembles posts on the fly (see forum posts above) -- I found Hella to be slower than SAB, but if it does assemble on the fly, it could be twice as quick as SAB at downloading.

Anyone want to look at the Hella code to see if it can help optimise SAB?  ;D
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

FYI, I just got SABnzbd working on my "old"(er) Gigabit LinkStation (PowerPC HG).

I used the Synology DS101G feed to install the relevant packages.

BE AWARE THAT THESE PACKAGES ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR THE LINKSTATION SPECIFICALLY, SO DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU BRICK YOUR BOX. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

For some reason Python wouldn't install, so I used Python 2.5.

Also unzip seemed to have issues, so I disabled this in the SAB ini -- not many NZBs have zipped files, so I don't mind unzipping manually. Most NZBs contain RARs nowadays.

The PPC HG is at least as fast as the Pro at downloading. However, the PPC LinkStation is not happy multitasking. If I want to stream media from it, I have to pause the download -- the LS Pro is fine at multitasking.

As mentioned before, I couldn't max out my line with one LinkStation, but with two working simultaneously, I can max out my 17mbit connection!

;D