question about folders and watched folder sorting

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rastoma

question about folders and watched folder sorting

Post by rastoma »

Using Win7, 32bit, SABnzbd 0.5.5

The majority of downloads through SABnzbd is with a RSS feed. 

First, I would like, if possible, to have the extracted file (typically an AVI) placed directly into the category folder.  I don't keep downloaded TV shows long after watching so I don't need them categorized into each folder for that particular episode.

So say I have 5 different TV shows.  I would like the extracted file for each show to all be in the root of the TV folder (I know where the relative paths are).  I don't want/need sub folders inside the TV folder.  Then periodically I just clear out the TV folder of everything I have watched.  I hope that makes sense.

Second, for items I download manually, or rather not through RSS, I download the .nzb file in another location from where my completed folder is.  Is there a way to have this downloaded location watched, but throw all of these watched items into a folder, say, called misc that's in the same location where completed is.

I have two hard drives.  So all my downloads are on my second drive, but I like to keep downloaded files (including .nzbs) in Windows default download location.

I hope I haven't made this question more complicated than need be :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: question about folders and watched folder sorting

Post by shypike »

To move all into one folder make your own post-processing script. E.g.
@echo off
move /y %1\* .

Your second question.
Don't mix the watched folder with the download folder.
You can use a subfolder of the download folder as the watched one.
rastoma

Post by rastoma »

shypike wrote:
Don't mix the watched folder with the download folder.
You can use a subfolder of the download folder as the watched one.
Thank you for the reply.

I'm not wanting to mix the download an watch folder exactly.  But I need to move a downloaded file from the watch folder into another folder such as misc that's on a different hard drive.
speedster888

Post by speedster888 »

I dont know if i understand youre question exactly.

Your question: So say I have 5 different TV shows.  I would like the extracted file for each show to all be in the root of the TV folder (I know where the relative paths are).  I don't want/need sub folders inside the TV folder.  Then periodically I just clear out the TV folder of everything I have watched.  I hope that makes sense.

->Do you mean that you want every file you download go to for example d:\series and not to d:\series\fringe and d:\eureka etc

->-> Go to Categories. Make a new categorie. Put your tv folder (d:\series) under Folder/Path. Now go to Sorting. Enable TV Sorting. Select your categorie and put by Sort String the next line "%fn.%ext" (without""). Now go to RSS and select your RSS feed. Right under the url line you can edit the default settings for every rss hit. Select here youre categorie. If you have filters also put your earlier created categorie with every filter.
Now all files download with this feed will put there files in d:\series
   You can also do the next thing. Go to folders by Completed Download Folder put your tv folder (d:\series). Do everything above but NOT put d:\series in Folder/Path in categories.

Your second question i dont understand. Could you explain it with a example.
Last edited by speedster888 on December 8th, 2010, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rastoma

Post by rastoma »

Thanks.  I think the explanation of how to use post processing covers both questions.

I'll give it a go and will reply back if I'm still confused :)