Newzbin not working in Chroot Debian Install with Beta 5

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
kfc

Newzbin not working in Chroot Debian Install with Beta 5

Post by kfc »

Hi Guys,

I have beta5 working well on my thecus NAS unit, except for one thing, none of the newzbin functionality seems to be working. I can't seem to add or view bookmarks, the client times out when trying to get the nbz's from newzbin.

I can however download the nbz manually and add that to SAB and it does its stuff as expected.
I can ping v3.newzbin.com

Is there some module I am missing or perhaps permissions granted to certain areas, or any other checks I can do for more troubleshooting

Any help will be appreciated.

Version: 0.4.0B5
Install-type: python 2.5.2 source
Template Plush
Firewall Software: None,
Are you using IPV6? not sure
Is the issue reproducible? yes
Last edited by kfc on May 14th, 2008, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Re: Newzbin not working in Chroot Debian Install with Beta 5

Post by switch »

Can you add a download on the main page by the newzbin id?

SABnzbd makes connections to newzbin over HTTPS so you may need some sort of SSL package for your NAS unit. If you don't mind fiddling with the source, you can change occurrences of HTTPSConnection to HTTPConnection in newzbin.py to see if it makes a difference.

Less likely as you are timing out, but just for completeness verify your newzbin user name and password are indeed correct under Config>Newzbin
kfc

Post by kfc »

Hi Switch

Changing HTTPSConnection to HTTPConnection in newzbin.py worked! Now all I have to do is find out what module is missing, strange. Any ideas? I will do some googling.

Edit: I suspect it is the pyopenssl module which says is optional so i didnt install it, now to get that working and I suspect that will resolve this.

thanks.
Last edited by kfc on May 15th, 2008, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kfc

Post by kfc »

I installed the module and though everything would work great but I still have the same problem. None of the newzbin functionality works, When I change the HTTPSConnection to HTTP the message ID's are able to be fetched but I am unable to still retrieve bookmarks and view processed bookmarks.

- I have no failures in the modules on startup and all are able to be found.

I will have a looking in newzbin.py and see if there is anything obvious that is stopping me.
switch

Post by switch »

With HTTPS connections added back in, could you add a few random newzbin ids and generally break it a few times. Then send off your sabnzbd.log to [email protected] please.

It will help in adding support for machines that cannot use the HTTPS connections (such as yours) and then try on a HTTP connection instead.