Downloading directly to tablet

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
paolorusty81

Downloading directly to tablet

Post by paolorusty81 »

Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered before, I did have a look first.  I have been looking at getting an Archos 101 tablet.  Does anyone know if you can download NZBs directly to these type of systems?  I have found a few programmes that let you organise and open SABnzbd files from a remote pc but I'm unsure if you can download directly without another pc.

Many thanks
arto65

Re: Downloading directly to tablet

Post by arto65 »

Well, you can download .nzb on your tablet, but it will be difficult to actually download binaries on your tablet, and for one thing: processing power.
I know of one program to read Usenet groups on ipad (Newstap), but I'm not aware of anything else.

I guess the easiest thing to do is have sabnzbd run on your NAS, then get the files via a file browser.
kgorilla

Re: Downloading directly to tablet

Post by kgorilla »

paolorusty81 wrote:Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered before, I did have a look first.  I have been looking at getting an Archos 101 tablet.  Does anyone know if you can download NZBs directly to these type of systems?  I have found a few programmes that let you organise and open SABnzbd files from a remote pc but I'm unsure if you can download directly without another pc.

Many thanks
I got this working on my Iconia A500 10.1 tablet via Linux Install market application (https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Galoula) which runs a debian ARM environment natively via chroot. I had to do a couple little tweaks, but basically it was much easier than I thought. I downloaded a quick 30MB video sample and the processing was super quick, but this was also on my Tegra2 CPU, not sure the Archos device you refer to would be tolerable.

If anyone has interest in this I can help out...