Queue not pausing when below available disk space setting

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
onebinary
Release Testers
Release Testers

Queue not pausing when below available disk space setting

Post by onebinary »

Hi All,

I just started using SABnzbd (and I love it!).

Version: 0.4.0 Beta5
Install-type: Ubuntu Deb
Skin (if applicable): Default
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? It's enabled in OS
Is the issue reproducible? Yes

I'm having an issue with the auto-pause feature not working.  I setup my auto-pause threshold to be 10G (which was correctly converted to bytes in the config file, so I think SABnzbd is happy with the value).  Currently I have 2G free in the temp directory (which SABnzbd correctly reports on the Queue page).  For some reason the queue does not seem to want to pause.  My initial thought was maybe because I set my auto-pause value to be greater than the current available disk space, this might have caused an issue?

Thanks!
onebinary
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Queue not pausing when below available disk space setting

Post by onebinary »

I had 1.38G available (as reported by SABnzbd on Queue page).  I set the pause threshold to 1.35G.  The queue did auto-pause when it went below 1.35G.  So I suspect an issue when setting the pause value to something that is greater than the current available disk space.
onebinary
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Queue not pausing when below available disk space setting

Post by onebinary »

Well, turns out the pause feature works great, this just happened to be a case of lack of patience + lack of knowledge about the nuts and bolts of SABnzbd.  SABnzbd will check the available disk space against the limit you have specified when it starts downloading a file.  This means that if you are in the middle of downloading a file, and you hit your limit, the queue may not pause immediately, but it will when it starts downloading the next file.  This is all intentional and as designed, all of which is correct and there is no issue here.

(I just happened to be downloading/testing on a large download that had 50MB files, and I wasn't waiting long enough to see the pause feature in action)