NZB errors and missing Block/Articles. How to avoid it

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
free2hear

Re: NZB errors and missing Block/Articles. How to avoid it

Post by free2hear »

thks, i'm (slowly) getting my way through this mess. astra had the option pay per gb, and couldn't find that option elsewhere. you know another?
fatcatx

Post by fatcatx »

I've been getting some of these article missing issues, but mostly I have a ton of "Out of server retention" errors... I'm about to cancel newshosting, this is really annoying.

edit: I don't have any issues with TV shows, only movies.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

free2hear wrote:thks, i'm (slowly) getting my way through this mess. astra had the option pay per gb, and couldn't find that option elsewhere. you know another?
Search for blocknews
augur

Post by augur »

A really handy tool is NZBcc (NZB completion checker) which takes a nzb and checks the configured servers to see how complete it is and since it is only checking and not downloading it uses hardly any bandwidth. It essentially does the same as sabnzbds precheck but if a post has been dmca'd you almost immediately get lots of messages on the log tab so it's a very quick way to check a suspect post before loading it into sabnzbd. ps when newshosting says "Out of server retention" the post has been removed due to dmca takedowns. You need to be really fast these days, and we're talking hours in some cases, which is where sabnzbd really helps. Might i suggest that you get a block of bandwidth from a nsp which is outside of the us and is maybe a bit slower at dmca takedowns, tweaknews (hint hint), for a backup server. Take a look at http://i.imgur.com/aaKY3.png which is a usenet reseller map, if it is removed from a higher up reseller then it will be missing from a lower company. Look to see what nsp the poster is using and that is your best chance of getting a complete post quickly. I have, on very rare occasions, seen posts dmca'd from astraweb within minutes, before the post has even completed. More usually you have a few hours, and if it has peered to other nsps they can have it for longer, maybe a day.