socket error # 10061

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
6585kmnl

socket error # 10061

Post by 6585kmnl »

I just have installed SABnzbd enhanced vs 1.5. on my desktop (Windows XP) and on my laptop (Windows Vista). Both are wireless connected to my Belkin router. SABnzbd works fine on the desktop but not on the laptop. Here I get the message: Socket error # 10061, connection refused. Looking at the connection tab it states that there is no connection to the newsserver (0 behind the server name). I have switched of the firewall, no change but I did not expect since the desktop is behind the same firewall.
Can anyone give me a hint where to look for the solution? I would appreciate very much.

Wim
switch

Re: socket error # 10061

Post by switch »

Hello, We do not support 3rd party builds here, I'm not sure what "SABnzbd Enhanced" is but I recommend you seek help from the place you got it.

Have a look in your servers page and check the hostname of your server is correct.
6585kmnl

Post by 6585kmnl »

I did de-install SABnzbd enhanced and installed SABnzbd+vs 0.4.2. I had to connect through port 8081 and the console through port 8082. Still the application does not connect to the newserver. Under the connection tab it states: newsreader84.eweka.nl 119. 0. On my desktop the application connects to this very same server with same username and password. Any ideay where I have to look for the cause of this problem??
Many thanks in advance
rAf

Post by rAf »

What is Sabnzbd Enhanced ? I've googled it but the only link i've found is a rar corrupted file...
Can you give us a link ?
I'm just curious...
6585kmnl

Post by 6585kmnl »

I got it from a friend who is using this succesfully. Enhanced referers to a duch univerity site where they combine a SABnbzd application with a FTD searchtool and Rar repair tool. But it is a original SABnbzd app.
In the meantime I have installed SABnzbd 0.4.2 (rev=1447) app. but have still same problem:
It works fine on my desktop: Medion, ops.: Windows XP
It does not work at all on my laptop: Dell, ops.: Windows Vista-6.0 6000 class nt.
Both use same wireless network and settings on router. 
I have tried to work with News.giganews.com as news server provider.
The log says: SABnzbd.exe-0.4.2 (rev=1447). Platform=windows-vista-6.0.6000 class =nt, [email protected]:119 server closed connection. Looking under connections tab; news.giganews.com:119:0.
It is very clear that there is no connection and to me it seems computer dependant. I have closed the xp-firewall and internet explorer security settings, still the same problem.
Any idea??? Could it be Vista related problem since it does work with XP???
I realy would appreciate your help.