SSL not working

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ratneck

SSL not working

Post by Ratneck »

Version: 0.4.2
Install-type: Windows Zip
Skin (if applicable): Default
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes

Greetings,

I am unable to get SABNZBD to connect to my NHXL account using the "SSL" check box.  I am able to connect without the box checked and if I install their tunneling program and point my system at 127.0.0.1 per their directions.  Is there any way to get SABNZBD to work with the nhxl server over the in-program SSL or am I SOL and have to use their tunnel?  Any help would be appreciated, please ask if you need additional information.

I've also got a ticket with Newshosting open, just in case it's on their end or they have info on it.

Thanks in advance!
mantis006
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SSL not working

Post by mantis006 »

I checked real quick (on my way out atm) and couldn't find the SSL instructions on their NewsHosting's support page.

I found this: http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic.php?p=136901; but didn't read the whole thing to see if they found out what the problem is.  I would suggest looking around their support docs some more and if you're still stuck try posting back your configuration for their ssl server (PLEASE remove your credentials though) and see if someone who uses that provider can walk you through it.
~Chris
Ratneck

Post by Ratneck »

inpheaux in IRC helped me out, it appears that although they list port 119 for the NHXL account...and in their "lightning accelerator" section it lists port 563...neither worked.  When I went to port 443 as suggested by inpheaux it started working....after somewhat of a delay.

I've read a couple other forums (like the one you mentioned mantis) where it appears they may have a capacity issue with their SSL connections.  I'll consider this solved since it's working, and I'm most positive it's a Newshosting issue now so I'll take it up with them. 

Thanks for the help!
mantis006
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mantis006 »

UNS's SSL support sucked when they first adopted it so I can relate to that.  That extra delay could just be the typical overhead of adding SSL into the mix, or them trying to run SSL services on equipment not optimized for it (likely if it's a new service).  They'll probably advertise their SSL ports a little better after they get the bugs worked out  ;).  443 is what I use as well for mine.
~Chris