Showname changing case

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bunjiboys

Showname changing case

Post by bunjiboys »

First off, apologies if this has been discussed before, but after searching through the forums I have been unable to find any matching threads.

But my question is if it would be possible to have the %sn macro not change the case of the showname in certain cases. An example would be a show like either CSI or NCIS, with an all upper case title, where using the %sn macro will cause it to become Csi or Ncis respectively. Of course this is a very minor cosmetic issue, but still one thats bugging me personally :).

I've taken a very quick look into tvsort.py and I see theres already some magic being worked on top of the .title(), so I was wondering if it would be doable to add an option to allow for the original case on show names to be preserved, if you trust that your input will be using the correct case.

In case thats not possible, is there some easy way of doing this using either the pre- or post-scripts? I know I could have a post script do all this myself by simply renaming the files and folders, but its a lot of extra operations, if I could just overwrite the %sn through say the pre-queue script, but it doesnt seem to possible to me.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Showname changing case

Post by shypike »

Noted, maybe in a later release.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Implemented in 0.7.0 (not out yet) as %sN, %s.N and %s_N.
These terms will give the verbatim title of show or movie.
drawde

Post by drawde »

Thanks shypike! i was looking for this exact same thing.
unRAID 4.7 Pro: ASUS M4A88T-M | AMD Sempron 145 Sargas @ 2.8GHz | 1GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066 (PC3 8500) RAM | Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU | NETGEAR gigE