Note to FreeNAS/NAS4Free users

Support for the freeBSD package, created by dbrooks
dbrooks

Note to FreeNAS/NAS4Free users

Post by dbrooks »

I seem to get a lot of inquiries about problems installing the SABnzbd+ port or starting SABnzbd+ on these systems. Note that the news/sabnzbdplus port is tested against vanilla FreeBSD systems only, therefore I can't guarantee that it works on FreeNAS or NAS4Free or any other appliance-based system derived from FreeBSD.

I suspect that the problems on these systems arise from the root partition being mounted read-only, as both FreeNAS and NAS4Free are intended to be appliance installations (i.e., not changed) and facilitate solid-state media, like CF cards, for the operating system. It's entirely possible that the root partition is mounted read-only, and as such, the SABnzbd.ini file cannot be created under /usr/local/sabnzbd.

I would suggest attempting to re-mount your root partition read-write (mount -u /), and installing/starting SABnzbd+ from there. Alternatively, you could symlink /usr/local/sabnzbd to a directory on writable media, such as the drives that FreeNAS/NAS4Free are managing in your system.

In the future, please refrain from creating threads about problems with these types of installations unless you've attempted the suggestions above. If there's still a problem and you can give me some sort of details, I can do my best to help you out -- but once again, I make no guarantees on systems that aren't vanilla FreeBSD.

Thanks! O0
josh4trunks

Re: Note to FreeNAS/NAS4Free users

Post by josh4trunks »

hey @dbrooks!
I maintain the sabnzbd PBI (plugin) for FreeNAS. The advice here is outdated and no longer applicable. If people have questions/problems with the sabnzbd plugin feel free top forward them to the FreeNAS forum, plugins section, which I regularly check.
Thanks!
skulneck

Post by skulneck »

Hey @josh4trunks have you given any thought to a sabnzbd PBI (plugin) for FreeNAS 11.2? There is a big demand. :-)

If not, do you know of a good tutorial?
stevemosher

Post by stevemosher »