Upgrading on freenas 0.7

Support for the freeBSD package, created by dbrooks
YDS

Upgrading on freenas 0.7

Post by YDS »

Hi. Hope I'm asking this on the right board.

I've got SABnzbd 0.5.6 installed on embedded freenas 0.7.2. It was installed using tutorial from here. Has been working fine for more than 6 months. However, with change in the newzbin url, I've been getting some errors, which I suspect is related to the new newzbin url. I'd like to upgrade to 0.6.15, but not sure how to do it without losing all my settings. There are instructions similar to the original installation instructions here, but if I'm reading them correctly they look like they will create a new installation under a different directory, and hence I will have to re-do all my settings. If anyone can assist, I'd appreciate.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Upgrading on freenas 0.7

Post by shypike »

Locate the sabnzbd.ini file and re-use it.
YDS

Post by YDS »

shypike wrote:Locate the sabnzbd.ini file and re-use it.
So if I understand correctly, that means my settings are in the sabnzbd.ini file, and if I keep that and replace everything else, my settings will be saved? Sounds easy then if that is the case. Thanks.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Some runtime data is saved in admin/rss_data.sab: processed RSS links.
YDS

Post by YDS »

Well, I tried upgrading as per the link above, but SABnzbd wouldn't start. When I tried to start it manually (python SABnzbd.py -s localhost:777) I get the following error:

File "SABnzbd.py", line 71
check_latest_version, exit_sab,
^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

What does this mean? I don't believe I did anything to the SABnzbd.py file other than change the very first line pointing to python, as described in the tutorial.

Any assistance??
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

YDS wrote:Well, I tried upgrading as per the link above, but SABnzbd wouldn't start. When I tried to start it manually (python SABnzbd.py -s localhost:777) I get the following error:

File "SABnzbd.py", line 71
check_latest_version, exit_sab,
^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

What does this mean? I don't believe I did anything to the SABnzbd.py file other than change the very first line pointing to python, as described in the tutorial.

Any assistance??
That line 71 has the incorrect spacing (as the error says). So it's corrupt. Get the correct file. And *if* you edit it, use the correct editor, not some editor that changes the spacing.
YDS

Post by YDS »

Strangely, there were about 5 lines with incorrect syntax in the SABnzbd.py file. Once I fixed them (I used the Freenas editor), ran fine (although I did have to make a change to the startup command in Freenas to add the location of my python 2.6 install). Seems strange that the SABnzbd.py file would have those syntax issues. I downloaded the right version from the sourceforge site. Anyway, seems to be working now. Thanks.