Using Direct Unpack and accessing the video file does not allow it to be moved to correct final location

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
lightshow

Using Direct Unpack and accessing the video file does not allow it to be moved to correct final location

Post by lightshow »

Safihre and Team,

I've been using Sabnzbd for years and it is the best! I've run into the following issue on the Mac Platform 10.12.3, Sabnzbd 2.3.6

I'm using the Direct Unpack option and use the following folder options:

Default Base Folder: /Users/myusername (this is on a different disk called /Volumes/OSDisk)
Temporary Download Folder
/Volumes/DownloadDisk/incomplete

Completed Download Folder
/Volumes/DownloadDisk/complete

Categories
movieTrailers /Volumes/DownloadDisk/movieTrailers

Scenario, when I am downloading a movie trailer NZB, I choose a category movieTrailers. As per the Direct Unpack process, the movie trailer shows up in /Volumes/DownloadDisk/movieTrailers/[Unpack]ExampleMovieTrailer

This works great and I can watch the movie trailer as long as the download is far enough and the rars are extracted.

What I've found is the following:

If I am currently watching the movie trailer though a video player, and the download in sabnzbd finishes, sabnzbd is unable to do the final processing of moving that resulting movie trailer video file to its rightful place at /Volumes/DownloadDisk/movieTrailers/ExampleMovieTrailer (due to my video player having a lock on the file). Next, this video player is actually consuming this file from a remote computer connecting to this server through a hosted SMB share on the mac ( I havn't tested it using a video player on the same server as sabnzbd - this mac)

So, when sabnzbd runs through its post processing, everything shows as successful, however, the resulting fully unpacked file ends up being in /Users/myusername/incomplete. So maybe the unpacker binary sabnzbd uses puts it in a relative path to where the user/process owner's home directory is /incomplete. And if the file is being locked/accessed, then sab can't move it to where it wants to.

Anyways, I found this bug interesting and I'm sure it has to do with the video file being held onto by a filehandler of the remote video player client connecting to the server (where sabnzbd runs and where the video is stored locally) which makes sab unable to do the final mv operations after the unpack/postprocessing operations. Also I found it strange the actual unpacking was at /Users/myusername/incomplete rather than /Volumes/DownloadDisk/incomplete were the initial rar like files were stored.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Using Direct Unpack and accessing the video file does not allow it to be moved to correct final location

Post by safihre »

I think it should work if you disable Folder Rename in Config Switches (enable Advanced settings).
This way the folder will not get the __UNPACK__, and no rename is needed at the end. It's a bit harder to see though if something is still downloading just from looking at the folder names.
Would this work?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate