Detect duplicates in series - Not working on history file

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
airguy

Detect duplicates in series - Not working on history file

Post by airguy »

This feature seems to work based on the nzb backup folder, but not with the history file. I believe this is the way it originally worked in early versions of SABnzbd. However, I know this was changed later and the Wiki says it should use either one. So, I decided to "prune" my nzb backup folder as it had over 25000 files in it. So I deleted many older tv show nzb's. I now notice that these "old" episodes are being downloaded now from my rss feed, even though they are still present in the history file, but they didn't when the old nzb was present in the backup folder. I never prune my history for this purpose, and to quickly find out if I have downloaded something other than a tv show previously, even years ago. Very handy for that.
Would be great to get this working, as the history file is much smaller than 25000 nzb backups.

Running Windows Server 2008 R2, SABnzbd 3.1.1 x64
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Detect duplicates in series - Not working on history file

Post by safihre »

That depends on what kind of duplicate check you are using, are you using the regular or Series duplicate check?
The regular check expects exact matches of the job name with the new job name.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
airguy

Post by airguy »

I turned off regular duplicate check to use only series for a couple of days. No difference. So turned them both back on now.
If the nzb file is present in the NZB backup folder, the duplicate checks work 100%. If no nzb file but the filename is in history only, it seems to work about 75% of the time. Now I have a large history file going back 8 years. It shows a size of 32mb. I don't know if this is a factor where the program only waits so long to find the filename before it assumes the file is not a dupe? Is history loaded into memory when SABnzbd starts or is it accessed from disc as needed? Just curious.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

For the duplicate check it first checks the database, based on the md5 of the NZB file or exact match of the filename:
https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/blob ... #L357-L365
It's SQL, so no memory loading needed.
You should see in the Debug log (have to enable Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window): "Dupe checking NZB in history"
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate