i'm really done with this it keeps disconnecting my internet.

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Dragon2

i'm really done with this it keeps disconnecting my internet.

Post by Dragon2 »

each time i grab something it keeps killing my network i don't have slow internet i never had this befor im really getting frusterated i know its sabnzdb because without it i dont have any issue.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: i'm really done with this it keeps disconnecting my internet.

Post by safihre »

And you think we can actively control this? That we have a special code "kill internet" in our program?
No, of course not. It's just your network hardware, it's settings or your internet provider that are not able to handle it.
You can try lowering the number of connections in SABnzbd to something like 10. And use a cable if you are on wifi.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Dragon2

Post by Dragon2 »

no that not but i never had issue befor i don't get it im using the same settings but you're program kills my internet i've been reading alot and alot of people have these issue but i don't get it i had it never befor it suddently started happening its not sonarr nor radarr because with these on my internet is fine no matter what i do 10 15 mostly i have it on 20 my internet can handle it it doesend kill my network when i have sabnzdb on pause it only kils it when it's downloading. and no i dont have a 10 dolar router i have a 185 euro router from tplink c5400x
Dragon2

Post by Dragon2 »

speed&duplex is on auto on network do i need to put that on 1gig?
Dragon2

Post by Dragon2 »

i plugged in my other expensive Asus RT-AC87U router it seems to be fixed now the killing network on download speed but wil test more.
Specious1

Post by Specious1 »

I, too, have had connection speed issues with 3.4.0, download speed fluctuating wildly and dropping to less than 10% of usual DL speed.
Meanwhile, all other connections are still full speed (streaming EPL football or MLB for example).
This issue continued all day and all night yesterday, so this morning I reverted to 3.3.1 and full connection speed has been instantly restored.
I will stick with 3.3.1 for a while, and maybe check out 3.4.1 when it is available.
gonzo

Post by gonzo »

I've been having that problem as well. It was driving me crazy. I upgraded my internet recently and they sent me a new router. At first, I thought it was my cables, then my NIC, then my router. Every time I was downloading with sabnzbd, my internet would choke and die and I have to reset the router. Then I found this thread. I'm currently on 3.7.2, I will try to lower the connections, if that doesn't help, I'll try downgrading to 3.3.1.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

gonzo wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:15 amEvery time I was downloading with sabnzbd, my internet would choke and die and I have to reset the router.
So you already identified the culprit: a crappy isp-supplied router that cannot handle normal use of the connection you're paying for. Better get that fixed, this problem isn't going away by trying different versions of sabnzbd.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

It could be some kind of weird bug where the router chokes on a newer version of TLS or other network related code in Python. Probably hard to find out and not something we can do anything about, though.
gonzo

Post by gonzo »

jcfp wrote: March 25th, 2023, 5:07 am
gonzo wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:15 amEvery time I was downloading with sabnzbd, my internet would choke and die and I have to reset the router.
So you already identified the culprit: a crappy isp-supplied router that cannot handle normal use of the connection you're paying for. Better get that fixed, this problem isn't going away by trying different versions of sabnzbd.
It's their latest brand new model, maybe they're cutting corners on manufacturing ::)
I've been testing sabnzbd v4.0.0beta1, and so far it hasn't killed the router yet.