Queue crashes on opening - Memory error[Solved]

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
neo_x

Queue crashes on opening - Memory error[Solved]

Post by neo_x »

Hi guys

Hope someone can help me here.
I have recently run behind drastically with my NZB downloads (+- 1 year, and on top of that suffered a HDD failure or two). So yes - basically when i managed to get my internet up and going again, i coupled sabnzbd with sickbeard, and let it fly.

problem is - a day or two later, my queue was sitting at over 1.3TB ( mostly SD tv series episodes - so you can imaging how many nzb's that was(have roughly 3500 in my nzb backup directory).

all good and well - sabnzbd is happily downloading at it, so no problems on actually connecting and retrieving the info from my configured usenet servers.

My issue as per subject line - when i click on the queue tab , it hangs for about a minute or two, and then produces the following error message :

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 618, in respond
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 633, in index
File "_Program_Files__x86__SABnzbd_interfaces_Classic_templates_queue_tmpl.py", line 838, in respond
File "Cheetah\DummyTransaction.pyo", line 32, in getvalue
MemoryError

My machine is more than capable (have bout 2GB RAm free) and is running an i5 quad core - so i doubt it that.

Can someone throw some light on how i could resolve this issue? (my main reason for asking - is that i want to relieve the list of grabbed nzb's by obtaining some of the data from other sources(aka friends :P) - but then i need to be able to stop the files from downloading in order to save time/bandwidth and avoid duplicates

Thank for assisting :)

Neo_x

PS

sorry forgot to add :

Version: version 0.6.15
Install-type: Windows Installer
Skin (if applicable): Classic - lightblue
Firewall Software: Avira
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes (not sure on cause of issue tho...)

Solved as per shypike's assistance - using a Plush in stead of Classic skin did the trick :)
Last edited by neo_x on March 6th, 2012, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Queue crashes on opening - Memory error

Post by sander »

So what is your question? If you want to delete the queue, I would stop SABnzbd, look for the file "queue9.sab" on your harddisk and delete it. Then start SABnzbd.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

sander wrote:So what is your question? If you want to delete the queue, I would stop SABnzbd, look for the file "queue9.sab" on your harddisk and delete it. Then start SABnzbd.
i am not sure what NZB's is still in the que waiting to be downloaded - assuming that deleting the que will require me to re-add nzb's?
*keep in mind that sickbeard adds nzb's in a smart way - newly aired episodes is pushed in on top of the que - ie the date/time modified in the nzb backup folder is not a good way to determine what downloads is still possibly in the que..*

yes i know deleting the que and starting afresh is one of the ways.... but its going to take alot of effort to restart the download process?

is there a way to analyze the error and find a work around? ( ie for example changing the skin or increasing the allocated memory? ( the crash seems to happen in the region of 800MB of memory assigned to sabnzbd. ie when i open up the que, sabnzbd process slowly increases from about 300MB to about 798 MB before the error happens..)

i thought about deleting the que, setting sickbeard to re-download all episodes, and re-adding all other nzb's - but i am scared it is just going to repeat the issue.

ideas anyone?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

With an extremely large queue and history you should not use the Classic skin, use Plush or Smpl instead.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

shypike wrote:With an extremely large queue and history you should not use the Classic skin, use Plush or Smpl instead.

you sir - Are my hero!!!

working now with Plush skin. Thank you very much!