0.7.4 tv episode name moving issue

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
waterdown

0.7.4 tv episode name moving issue

Post by waterdown »

Version: 0.7.4
Install-type: linux repository
Skin (if applicable): Plush - gold
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? No
Is the issue reproducible? Yes

Hi,

I currently have an issue moving a particular tv show into the appropriate folder.

I have a watch folder setup the following structure: watch/tv.
Series sorting is enabled for tv with a sort string of '{%s.n}'.
The category is setup as:
Category=tv
Priority=High
Processing=+Repair
Script=None
Folder/Path=tv
Groups/Index Tags=tv

A nzb is dropped into watch/tv and sabnzbd will start a download.

This setup has always sorted a tv show properly and would result in the following structure:

/tv/show.name/show.name.s01e01/SHOW.NAME.S01E01.AVI

It would seem that there is an issue with a tv show named 'episodes'. I created a nzb file named: Episodes.S01E07.TEST.DATA.nzb

This should download and move itself to /tv/episodes/episodes.s01e07.test.data/episodes.s01e07.test.data.avi but instead downloads to /tv/episodes/episodes.s01e07.test.data.avi

A directory for the named nzb is never created as it should. Many other naming schemes work flawlessly for this instance except when the tv show name is 'episodes'.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 0.7.4 tv episode name moving issue

Post by shypike »

waterdown wrote: This should download and move itself to /tv/episodes/episodes.s01e07.test.data/episodes.s01e07.test.data.avi but instead downloads to /tv/episodes/episodes.s01e07.test.data.avi
What happens is according to spec.
The sort expression {%s.n} will not create folders per episode.
What you expect will only happen with this sort expression: {%s.n/%s.n.S%0s.E%0e.%en}
Possibly there is some fringe behaviour given specific content (when using +Delete or when content is not packed),
but {%s.n} is not intended to produce your desired result.
The title "Episodes" has no influence at all.
waterdown

Post by waterdown »

Hmm

I'm not looking for the sort expression to create a folder per episode structure. It should create a /tv/showname/ but then create a directory based on the filename of the nzb with the contents of the nzb contained in that directory.

Perhaps something has changed since my upgrade from v0.6.15-1. With those settings it would create /tv/showname/ and would add the nzb filename as a directory that would contain the contents of the nzb.

For example, given the nzb 'showname.s01e01.nzb' I would get the following:

/tv/showname/showname.s01e01/showname.s01e01.avi

This doesn't seem to work this way anymore.

You're correct about the title. This was the first instance I saw, but I noticed that all other nzbs with tv sorting exhibit this behavior. No directory is created that is named as the nzb file.

I can also confirm that without any sorting enabled a directory is created based on the name of the nzb. I guess sorting automatically removes the creation of a directory based on the nzb name?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Your PP setting says +Repair, this means that you'll often get a bunch of RAR files.
Storing without extra folders is only properly supported for unpacked files, because Sort
wants to see the actual payload (the AVI file in this case).
My assumption was that you deliberately used +Repair, because your mediaplayer can handle packed files.
You don't necessarily get the same behaviour as with unpacked files.

In the 0.7.x release quite a few Sort bugs were fixed, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're
relying on bugs in 0.6.15. I don't have the time to dig up all details of changes and subsequent behaviour.
I don't remember the NZB name being available as an element in Sort expressions.
waterdown

Post by waterdown »

My assumption was that you deliberately used +Repair, because your mediaplayer can handle packed files.
You don't necessarily get the same behaviour as with unpacked files.
This is correct.

Perhaps I wasn't be clear. Even if a nzb file contains an archive (zip, rar) a directory is not created based on the name of the nzb if sorting for 'tv' is enabled.

For example:

tv.show.s01e01.nzb contains 1 file called tv.show.s01e01.rar

Previous behavior under v0.6.15-1:

/tv/tv.show/tv.show.s01e01/tv.show.s01e01.rar

New behavior under v0.7.4:

/tv/tv.show/tv.show.s01e01.rar

I guess I'll have to look into writing some scripts to add back the functionality that I've grown accustomed to.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Does the folder have to be named after the NZB instead of the show/season/episode?
Otherwise, why not use {%s.n/%s.n.S%0s.E%0e.%en} or {%s.n/%s.n.S%0s.E%0e} ?
waterdown

Post by waterdown »

Does the folder have to be named after the NZB instead of the show/season/episode?
In my particular case yes. This is what I was accustomed to in v0.6.15-1. For tv sorting I only want the tv sort to create a directory based on the name of the show which is of course based on the nzb name. So My.Tv.Show.S01E01.nzb would create a directory called 'My.Tv.Show' and place the downloaded content untouched (ie. another directory named exactly the same as the nzb file minus the extension of course).

I understand your reasoning for having the ability to create another directory based on the parsing of nzb file. The default behavior has simply changed.

I ended up writing a post-processing script to add that functionality back.