Sabnzbd stuck after downloading a bit

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
KNO17

Sabnzbd stuck after downloading a bit

Post by KNO17 »

First off: I searched the forums for a solution, some people had somewhat similar problems but not quite like this. So a new post is in order.

I run 0.7.9 on my QNAP NAS. I just updated today. Sickbeard then filled my queue correctly and SAB started to download content.

This download is now stuck at 391 of 1500MB. No amount of pausing/unpausing or restarting SAB fixes this. I also fiddled with the quee a bit. Moved jobs up and down. Also did this inside one of the jobs with the individual rars.
Nothing helped. I checked the connection to the usenet server, it works.

I have no error messages. The last log entry is from before the update. The header reads: 0KB/s | 14361 MB| 0:00:00 rest

I have none of the switches activated except for post processing, so it is none of the "only download top of the queue" or other bugs I read about.

To make a long story short, I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me here. Tell me what logs or screenshots to post or whatever, I will.

I was so excited when it worked agaon for a few minutes this morning - before I had trouble with my indexer, I am now paying for one. All started without a hitch, and now this...

EDIT: I just deleted the job in question. It shoed up in the post processing list. Disappeared from there and showed up in the DL list again. Now with 1090 MB downloaded.
The amount of data downloaded makes no sense to me since I have been running this for about 10 hours now...my whole queue should be done by now if this was merely the browser displaying it wrong.

No downloaded files show up in the appropriate folders.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzbd stuck after downloading a bit

Post by shypike »

Does the download ultimately complete and show up in History?
When the job is the download queue, does it show missing articles when
you hover the mouse cursor over the title?
Do you see any active articles in the Status page?
KNO17

Post by KNO17 »

The job does not complete at all. I have now deleted the original stuck job. The next job does not even start.
When I mouse over it says "Downloading" (actually the german equivalent).
On the status page it gives me no errors or other logs. Under connections it has the correct server, Status active, 5 connections.
Those 5 entries are of the stuck job, even though that job is not in the queue anymore.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

A few checks.
What is the server timeout in Config->Servers?
What is the amount of retries in Config->Switches?
Below that retries line, is the option "only for optional servers" on or off?
In Config->Switches, is "Disconnect on empty queue" on or off?
KNO17

Post by KNO17 »

Timeout: 120 sec
Retries: 3
Optional servers: off
Disconnect on empty queue: off
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The timeout is a bit large.
(3 * 120 seconds: 6 minutes before SABnzbd can conclude that the server isn't responding).
With 60 you get quicker feedback of problems.
Unless you have a server that is slow in telling you that it doesn't have a specific article.
The rest of the settings is quite OK.

Does a restart of SABnzbd do anything?
As a last resort you might use the "Repair" button in Status->QueueRepair.
KNO17

Post by KNO17 »

Wow. Weird. Seems to work now.

I restarted SAB before, via the buttons in SAB itself, and wanted to do it again. But then I saw on the first page that it said that SAb was running for 13 hours. Obviously it didn't restart properly.
I disabled it in the QNAP menue and then enabled again. Now it says: running since 0m and it actually downloads.

Thanks a bunch. Now I have to donate to you guys again!! I will post again if something should go wrong again. Any idea what could have caused this?
You have been a tremendous help, even though I feel a little stupid now...
KNO17

Post by KNO17 »

Seems I ws too hasty.

I have a stuck DL job again, and it seems to me that it stopped once the second job in the list started as well.
Maybe 2 simultanious DLs are the problem?

Edit: And now that I restarted SAb again it finished the stuck job and then threw the whole queue into the bottom list as failed jobs. What the hell is going on here....
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Did it also show why the downloads failed.
Sometimes they just do, for all the obvious reasons.
Maybe it's worth testing with the option "Only Get Articles for Top of Queue" enabled.
KNO17

Post by KNO17 »

It works fine now actually, after a few more restarts, emptying some dormant DL jobs and cleaning stuff up a bit.
I will try that option as well though.

Again, thanks a lot. I donated some cash towards your awesome product, just love it.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Good to know it works now.
Thank for the feedback and encouragement.
faevae

Post by faevae »

Hello KNO17,

I have similar problems.
After an update of QNAP software the downloads start normally, but before maximum download speed is achieved it stops completely.
disrupting connections and restoring connections does not improve, Restarting SABNZB does not change anything.
Sometimes overnight the downloads start resulting in normal unpacked and unparred files. But often nothing is done.

I have no clue what causes this strange problem.
What did you finally do to resolve the problem?
I decreased Time Out Error time from 120 seconds to 60 seconds, restarted everything and waited for a few minutes, but nothing happened.
Still a dead download which might come a live, or not. Who knows???

Who can help me with this?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Hard to diagnose without more info, but 0.7.15 will have a solution for par2 program problems for some embedded Unix systems.
bunglem

Post by bunglem »

This exact issue has just started occuring for me, did anyone manage to fix it as my connections randomly drop out and only restore when I restart the application.
F.Saucer

Post by F.Saucer »

I have the same problem for a few days.

Two weeks ago i installed the new Sabnzbd package from clinton hall, running version 1.01 on my QNAP 421. After a few days the interface wasn't accesible. I went to the app center to restart the app (In the app center Sabnzbd looked like it was running). After restarting the Sabnzbd interface was accessible for a few days, same problem again. Solved this bij scheduling a restart of sabnzbd every day.

For a few days my downloads stop after a short while (not at a certain point, but it seems to me randomly) loosing connection to my usenet provider. The web interface is accessible. When i test the server connection (under servers) it makes a succesfull connection, but doesn't bring back the download connection.
The download connection doesn't come back again unless i restart the app from within the interface (and then it stops again sometimes after five minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes). Everytime this happens my log looks something like this:
2016-05-19 21:53:52,993::INFO::[downloader:732] Thread [email protected]: timed out
2016-05-19 21:53:57,043::DEBUG::[bpsmeter:270] bps: 0.0416384311053
2016-05-19 21:54:02,093::DEBUG::[bpsmeter:270] bps: 0.0165948526642
2016-05-19 22:07:20,061::INFO::[downloader:734] Thread [email protected]: server closed connection
2016-05-19 22:07:20,463::INFO::[downloader:734] Thread [email protected]: server closed connection
2016-05-19 22:07:20,713::INFO::[downloader:734] Thread [email protected]: server closed connection

Never had any of these problems with the latest version i ran (version 7.20)

For now i restarted my qnap nas, reinstalled the clinton hall package and under switches set the server load balancing on "prevent server load balancing". On the download speedgraph (right upper corner) the speeds sometimes drops to 0, but is coming back in approx 30 seconds (the timeout under servers). It is still running now for 4 hours, but i am not sure if this could be the solution...

I am running a qnap 421U, provider eweka, connecting via asus router (QOS not enabeled) running a VPN client to a vpn service on the asus router.

Someone has any suggestions or tips to resolve this problem?

Thx!