Password in Name not working

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tresi

Re: Password in Name not working

Post by tresi »

Thank you so much shypike :-)

I didn't know the function to show the whole log-file. I thought the log in the WebGUI is all to look at. (I never had to use ist before)

There were 2 problems: First the rights of an directory wasn't correct and on one file the password was wrong.

Both my mistakes - I hope it will never happen again ;-)

Have a nice weekend...

Regards,
tresi
isofan

Post by isofan »

Hi,

I use watch-folders, so I never use the add nzb dialog. But why do you make it so complicated?

Why not have an option (Editline) that says "password" in the webui when you click on the details of a job, where a user simply enters the password, without the requirement for having to know anything about title syntax? I mean, what are GUIs good for at all, if you need cryptic stuff you could also have in a commandline tool?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

isofan wrote: Why not have an option (Editline) that says "password" in the webui when you click on the details of a job, where a user simply enters the password, without the requirement for having to know anything about title syntax? I mean, what are GUIs good for at all, if you need cryptic stuff you could also have in a commandline tool?
Will be in a later release.
It was added in a hurry a long time ago and was never improved.
isofan

Post by isofan »

shypike wrote: Will be in a later release.
It was added in a hurry a long time ago and was never improved.
Thanks for the explanation, I guess improving this is really worth it, since a lot of NZB releases nowadays come password encrypted for obvious reasons... So a good password management will be useful to a constantly increasing number of users, I bet :)
cytec

Post by cytec »

i found that some releases dont get added well.. if there are some special chars in the password...

for example if the password file contains one of those chars: ? \ /
it just gets deleted and ive get an error on unrar :(

is there any way to "fix" this or do i have to unpack those files manually cause im getting more and more of those...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

That's a limitation of unrar. There's no work-around except manual unpacking with WinRAR.
leosori

Post by leosori »

It*s not a problem of unrar, but of the webinterface. If you try to enter a simple password like "abc?d" by appending it to the title, you can see that after pressing Enter, the question mark will be replaced by an underscore. Of course unrar will fail with the wrong password.

I just discovered this problem yesterday, after searching for the reason unrar was failing. The password was a little more complex in my case and contained some chars that are not allowed in filenames. The password was working when I tried unrar on the commandline. It took a while until I noticed that one of the chars in a password like kL*C)j$?T5LTeQ\%~Z!k was replaced :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

OK, that means that the password is accidentally passed through the "illegal character" filter meant for file names.
I'll check that.