Error reading NZB file

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
isofan

Error reading NZB file

Post by isofan »

Hi,

no matter where I try to create and download a NZB file of this type, Sabnzbd cannot read it. Why? Other files from that site work. Here is a link, the same happens when I download the whole NZB from binsearch or other hosters:

https://nzbindex.com/search/?q=wu5ur2gtz2ky8d6tawq71i

I keep getting this warning:

Cannot read d:\NZB\wu5ur2gtz2ky8d6tawq71i.nzb

This is the first NZB file ever that Sabnzbd cannot read, and I keep on wondering why? When I look at it in an editor, it seems totally regular and valid.

Thanks
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Error reading NZB file

Post by shypike »

It looks more like SABnzbd doesn't have access right to the folder d:\nzb or the files in it.
Does SABnzbd run on the same system and under the same user account
as where you're downloading the NZB files?
isofan

Post by isofan »

Hi shypike,

did you try to download the file? In fact, when I split the download into three equally big parts (i.e. manually select parts 1-20, 21-40, and so on), it works, and it also works with many other files in the same folder, from the same Source. The problem seems to be specific to this one and only file, no matter where you download it from, or how many times you try.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

That nzb gets queued from the watchdir just fine (85 rar parts and a bunch of par for a total of 23157.21 MB). Maybe something stupid gets in the way, antivirus or so? If sab thought the nzb content wasn't good, it would complain about that, not file access.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

isofan wrote: did you try to download the file? In fact, when I split the download into three equally big parts (i.e. manually select parts 1-20, 21-40, and so on), it works, and it also works with many other files in the same folder, from the same Source. The problem seems to be specific to this one and only file, no matter where you download it from, or how many times you try.
Yes, works fine here.
How much memory does your system have?