Speed Limit Not Working

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
hernandoruiz

Speed Limit Not Working

Post by hernandoruiz »

On the latest v.1.0RC1, setting the line limit to either a number in bytes (6000) or in the % box has no effect on the download speed. It always downloads at the maximum, upsetting everyone around the house.

If I try to manually change the speed on the home page, say to 90%, the speed throttles down to 0 and nothing downloads. I have to hard restart Sab in order to get it to download again.

I hope this gets results because its not making me very popular.

Thanks,

H
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Speed Limit Not Working

Post by safihre »

Which skin do you use?
Did you set your bandwith limit correctly? How fast can you download maximum and what did you fill there?

Could you try Glitter as secondary skin and there set the speedlimit? It will show you quicker what SAB thinks it is setting the speedlimit to in MB/s and you can verify it works.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
hernandito

Post by hernandito »

Thank you Safihre. I was mainly using the smpl skin. I have switched to Glitter for about half a day. It's behaving a bit different now:

Attempt One:
In my settings I have the following:

When I set the slider speed to somewhere around 50%, I get an error warning saying:
You must set a maximum bandwidth before you can set a bandwidth limit
Typically from my provider I get a max of around 9.3MB/s

Attempt Two:
In Settings, if I set the Percentage Line Speed above to 50, I still download at 9.3MB/s. If I drag the slider to about 50% mark, I get the same error message above.

Attempt Three: SUCCESS!
In Settings, if I set the following:

Now I can control the speed. I guess the real trick is that BOTH numbers need to be set in order to work. If I can suggest a better explanation on the Settings page would be helpful to long time users who are used to the old way.

Many thanks for making me work through this. I love my Sab!

Thanks again,

H.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes indeed, not having the Maximum Line speed set will indeed cause problems.
You can still use smpl of course, now there you can also set 50 to get it to 4.5MB/s.
If you want to use a manual amount you need to append the K or M, so for 3MB/s you would enter in smpl "3M"!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sabuser2020

Post by sabuser2020 »

Thanks, this helped me!