SABnzbd v1.0.2 small NZB-password bug

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
wimpie1

SABnzbd v1.0.2 small NZB-password bug

Post by wimpie1 »

Hi,

I encountered a small password bug.

I was downloading a big blu-ray iso image. The download was password protected and the password was included (as I do always) in the nzb filename (filename{{password}}.nzb) in watched folder.

The download completed ok, but I did not have enough free disk space to decompress the rar file. So I got a 'error' in SAB with not enough space (= correct).

I moved some files around so I would have enough free space to unpack the iso. I then pressed retry. I get a dialog with the possibility to include an extra nzb file and a field to imput a password. I just press ok and get then a 'unpacking failed, rar needs password' error.

Should the field in the retry dialog not already contain the known password? SAB just forgets it had the correct password. If it is not the correct password, then the user can always overwrite the password field in the retry dialog.

Hope this makes any sense...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABnzbd v1.0.2 small NZB-password bug

Post by safihre »

We are aware, @shypike maybe we should somehow preserve the password for failed jobs?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABnzbd v1.0.2 small NZB-password bug

Post by shypike »

It should be preserved.