Bogus encryption warning with correct password

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
fuzzykiller

Bogus encryption warning with correct password

Post by fuzzykiller »

I’m getting warnings about encrypted archives even though the password is already set. If I let the download complete, unpacking is successful. So it’s definitely correct.
I guess something is going wrong with the detection. Perhaps issues with a specific unrar version?

It would be great if we could revert the behavior to the old one using a switch or whatever.

SABnzbd version: 1.2.0 [1be50eb]
Python Version: 2.7.13 (default, Dec 21 2016, 07:16:46) [GCC 6.2.1 20160830] [UTF-8]
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016 [TLS v1.2, TLS v1.1, TLS v1]

Unrar identifies as "UNRAR 5.40 freeware", the (Arch Linux) package version is 5.4.5-1.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bogus encryption warning with correct password

Post by safihre »

Could you send me one of these NZBs (and the password) at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ZlatkO

Post by ZlatkO »

Same here, happens randomly (?) every now and then ... while trying to figure it out, I stumbled across these log entries before the bogus encryption warning:

Code: Select all

WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Awake.S01E13.German.DL.Dubbed.WEBRiP.x264-4SJ.mkv
WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack tvs-kcw-dl-azhd-x264-109.mkv
WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Wolfblood.S04E04.Meinirs.Wolf.German.WS.BDRip.x264-RSG/rsg-wolfblood-s04e04-sd.mkv
The log entries before and after that seem to suggest that this happens on multi-par volumes where the first *downloaded* part is not the first *logical* part of the collection:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/assembler.py", line 349, in check_encrypted_and_unwanted_files
    zf.testrar()
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/rarfile.py", line 828, in testrar
    check_returncode(p, output)
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/rarfile.py", line 2870, in check_returncode
    raise exc(msg)
RarNoFilesError: None [10]: 
WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Awake.S01E13.German.DL.Dubbed.WEBRiP.x264-4SJ.mkv
Cannot find volume /home/zlatko/mnt/nas/_/Downloads/tmp/3vWLf1KoSNtug5m73o7l/3vWLf1KoSNtug5m73o7l.part03.rar
--
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/assembler.py", line 349, in check_encrypted_and_unwanted_files
    zf.testrar()
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/rarfile.py", line 828, in testrar
  File "/usr/local/stow/SABnzbd-1.2.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/rarfile.py", line 2870, in check_returncode
    raise exc(msg)
WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack tvs-kcw-dl-azhd-x264-109.mkv
Cannot find volume /home/zlatko/mnt/nas/_/Downloads/tmp/Kevin.Can.Wait.S01E09.German.DL.AmazonHD.x264-TVS/696SU13065Z5fm76ZURSe8DLrTV4tr.part3.rar
--
    zf.testrar()
    raise exc(msg)
WARNING: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Wolfblood.S04E04.Meinirs.Wolf.German.WS.BDRip.x264-RSG/rsg-wolfblood-s04e04-sd.mkv
Cannot find volume /home/zlatko/mnt/nas/_/Downloads/tmp/Wolfblood.S04E04.Meinirs.Wolf.German.WS.BDRip.x264-RSG/dgJe7yp5BF.part03.rar
Does this make any sense, does it sound plausible? If yes, then providing you with the NZB & password probably wouldn't help, as it seems to depend on the order the separate RAR files get downloaded and tested (and it would also explain why it seems to happen "randomly").
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sorry forgot to post that I found the problem and it will be fixed in 1.2.1!

I will add a check to make sure we start from the right volume.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Where did you see those log entries?
They shouldn't be there..
ZlatkO

Post by ZlatkO »

That's because I still have the debugging statements active that you asked me to add for hunting down the "additional space at the beginning of the password" phantom bug. ;)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@ZlatkO: if you PM me (a link to) the NZB (or post on pastebin), I can download the post too to see what happens on my Ubuntu.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

@sander found and fixed the bug he described, doesn't matter which OS ;)
ZlatkO

Post by ZlatkO »

@sander: I don't think that this would make any sense, as the problem doesn't seem to be reproducible with specific NZBs. I just retried downloading my three examples for kicks, and this time *all* of them worked fine on the first try. So I guess you could basically try to test it with *any* passworded multi-volume RAR NZBs.