Password lost when retrying

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
FCrane

Password lost when retrying

Post by FCrane »

Hi!

Whenever something goes wrong when unpacking an archive (e.g. disk full, etc) and I click "Retry", the password field is empty and unpacking fails due to the lacking password. Seems that SABNZBD+ forgets the initially password when it can't complete a queue item. Clicking the failed item in the queue doesn't help either, because the information displayed does not contain the password anymore.

That's very inconvenient, because I need to search for the password again on the internet.

Would be great if SABNZBD+ simply could remember the password all the time, so that I can retry any action without losing the password.

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Password lost when retrying

Post by safihre »

Will add it to the feature request list!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
airguy

Post by airguy »

In the meantime you could try putting the password in the NZB filename using brackets like Something{{password}}.nzb. Then, if you go to your nzb backup folder, the password will be the backed up NZB file. Just cut and paste from that.

I'll go further on the post processing problems. Once post processing hits an error about a password, I usually just do a manual extract with WinRar instead of using the retry option from the history page. Sabnzbd will tell me archive requires a password, then I hit retry with the password, then it tells me Rar files failed to verify (because they already were verified previously so the par files are all gone from the folder). I try again with the password, then it goes out and downloads all the par files again to re-verifiy the files again! (I have Sabnzbd set to download all par files initially and verify). So I just use winrar manually, enter pw and save time. Would be great if Sabnzbd would be intelligent enough to pick up where it failed on the password. You should be able to re-enter the pw and resume unpacking, moving, etc, automatically.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Just implemented it for 2.0.0
But indeed, need to see if we can be smarter and skip the whole verification again. I also noticed that when testing this change.
Guess we dev's don't usually have passworded jobs!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate