Inaccessible Folders after 1.2.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
airguy

Inaccessible Folders after 1.2.0

Post by airguy »

What changed after version 1.2.0? Versions 1.2.2 & 1.2.3 sometimes create a final download folder that is inaccessible from windows, requiring a reboot of my system to be able to access the folder. The folders will not allow me to view current ownership or change access, even though I am administrator. I've never had this happen with SabNzbd before, and I have been running it for years. This happened first with 1.2.2, and I went back to 1.2.0 for a week or so and all is fine. Saw a new upgrade to 1.2.3 so thought I would try it, and again, am having problems with innaccessible download folders being created. So, guess I will go back to 1.2.0 again, but something must be different in versions above that.

Am afraid now to try new upgrades available. I dislike rebooting my server for this.

Any ideas?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Inaccessible Folders after 1.2.0

Post by safihre »

So the download server is a Linux machine?
What did you set in Config > Folders for Folder permissions?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
airguy

Post by airguy »

safihre wrote:So the download server is a Linux machine?
What did you set in Config > Folders for Folder permissions?
No, my download server in a windows server, Windows Home Server 2011. Just found another Download where I cannot access the contents. For me, I have this problem if I upgrade Sabnzbd beyond 1.2 0. I am still on 1.2.3 for now, trying to troubleshoot, but don't see any Folder permission settings, besides just the OS settings, which I can't seem to change on these folders. Only rebooting the server fixes the folders for access again. It' doesn't happen with every download, but a couple here and there. It has never happened on 1.2.0 or below, so I thought something has significantly changed in Sabnzbd from 1.2.0 onwards.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So I re-checked and on Windows we do nothing with permissions at all.
Maybe it's something Unrar does, but I doubt it.
Are you sure you are running SAB under the right user? Can you check a bit more what users DO have permission to access the files?

Maybe enable 'Ignore any folders inside archives'?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate