SAB 2.0.0 slow downloads on Synology

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
athlon770

SAB 2.0.0 slow downloads on Synology

Post by athlon770 »

Being on a fiber network with 250 down and 50 up, I have SAB throttled to 22MB/s. With the older version of SAB (1.2 something), I would head straight to my limit set and hold there. After the upgrade to 2.0.0, it is a very slow climb to 11MB/s. After messing around with the config settings, resetting many things to default, and just some good old obsessing, I found that if I move the slider for the download speed from my setting down a bit and set it, that I would indeed ramp up to that speed. Then I could put it back to 100% and I would continue getting the correct download speed...for a couple of moments...then it would throttle back down to the 11MB/s.

This is not a machine issue as the previous vers of SAB had no issue hitting and sustaining a high download speed.

I am not having any download failures since the upgrade to SAB 2.0.0, my only issue is download speed.

This is really more of a information type of post for other people on version 2.0.0 having the same type of trouble, or if the admins know of a fix.

Thanks in advance (love SAB btw)

System info
---------------
Hardware: Quad Core Sandy Bridge Intel i5 @ 3.0GHz with 12GB RAM
SABnzbd Version: 2.0.0 [55c4bef]
Python Version: 2.7.13 (default, Dec 19 2016, 02:32:04) [GCC 4.7.3 20130102 (prerelease)] [UTF-8]
Install-type: NAS package
Skin: Glitter - Night
Firewall Software: na
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes

Pulled from status
---------------
System performance (Pystone): 100000 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320…
Download folder speed
190.2 MB/s (/volume1/Plex Work Folde…)
Complete folder speed
233.1 MB/s (/volume1/Plex Work Folde…)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB 2.0.0 slow downloads on Synology

Post by safihre »

We are aware. It will be fixed in 2.0.1.
The Release Candidate is available for download for tat version.
Will update the SynoCommunity packages after 2.0.1 comes out (probably in few days).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
athlon770

Post by athlon770 »

you are awesome!
breedgoat

Post by breedgoat »

Hey Guys,

Love SAB! it Ownz!! I tried other stuff on my NASes but NAH just don't like it... So I'm dealing with 3MB/s on my two dj212+ synology nases..

I'm not sure if there's anything i can do to speed things up, I'm assuming it's just I/O and CPU; general Compute.. can someone confirm this for me ? I'm sick of googling and finding some BS speed fixes that don't work..

I'm using the Syn package, it's updated.. my current pipe is around 350/40 or so.. wired on a Linux server on a raid10 I can pull down all of my ISPs BW... without issue... I've tried "what was crazy to me" swapping out my Usenet pro. and actually UNS is doing 3MB/s when GN was doing around 1-2MB/s

the only answer i'm seeing is it was fixed, but not really fixed i am running the newest version, I am willing to go with I/O and compute in general but just would like to hear that .. from someone on this site, I have a HP 360 server I can toss * nix on and go from there, I was just hoping that these two Syn. NASes would help out and save me space and electric and well just don't want a 2U running in my house if i can help it.

I am going to pull thru my network, into my cold room and setup servers in there to compensate but I was hoping i wouldn't' have to do that so if it's no compute and anyone can help lemme know , know it's a stretch but, I didn't ask awhile back until I just changed out my ISP for testing and got 1.3 avg to 3.1 so I can't for sure say it's compute..

Anyway if i'm missing something i'm sure i am == lemme know!

Thanks again love sab!

NG-
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Not on Synology yet.. Because I am on vacation in the tropics :D
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
breedgoat

Post by breedgoat »

So I tested Bandwidth directly from my NAS and it's OK, much better than SAB as you can see - so I'm still wondering what settings are causing the slowness I know it's not my UNS, they can handle whatever I through at them on a server or workstation.

cli/master/speedtest.py | python -
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Cox (xx.xx.xx.xx)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Phoenix NAP AZ Data Center (Tempe) [35.99 km]: 49.712 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 164.18 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 32.33 Mbit/s